talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 AM

Default Embroidery display Footstool

This is a footstool made of Tassie Blackwood and Surian for the express purpose of showing off the embroidery which I have mounted in the top frame.
The finish is Hard Burnished Wattyl Scandinavian Oil for the box and Shellack for the Red Cedar (Surian) top. Shellac shows Cedar off much better than straight oil. The tray and inside rails are made from beautifully figured QLD Maple.

The stool is 370 x 370 x 190mm. The legs are 45mm tall (below the box base) and are attached to the base with screws and Epoxy glue.

Regards,

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
embroidery-display-footstool-box_2_fin_1.jpg   embroidery-display-footstool-box_2_fin_3.jpg   embroidery-display-footstool-box_2_fin_5.jpg   embroidery-display-footstool-box_2_fin_6.jpg  
Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Embroidery display Footstool

Beautiful work, in both the figuring of the wood and your execution - but I can't imagine anyone being allowed to put their feet on this footstool.
Feet on the floor, please step away from the footstool!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Perhaps some spikes around the edges?

Beautiful work as always. Love the fact that there's storage inside. Who did the embroidery? Are you good at that too?

Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:44 AM

Thank you guys.

Mike, the lady who ordered the box/stool made the Embroidery. I suggested the Red Cedar frame. She originally wanted it in the same timber as the body of the box. (Tassie Blackwood). But the Cedar just makes that embroidery sing!

Regards,

Rob