talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default "No Comment #2" - Full project build in one video :)

Not all of you are subscribed to my blog; shame, really

My blog went dark for awhile because I was working on a project and recording the full build, start to finish. I called the video "No Comment #2" since it has no commentary other than some "what's this video" and "well that was fun" intro and conclusions. Between that is all high-speed sections, cut-aways, close-ups, and me wearing shorts; there has to be some entertainment value in that!

Since my shop is pretty green, you'll see a lot of green used.

I won't tell you what I built as the idea of the No Comment builds is that you watch and guess as you go; all that intrigue stuff. I will say the piece is contemporary so if you really don't like contemporary, there's always a very nice travelling perfumery to read about (make an appropriate comment about the paint, too)

I'll start posting build videos for it after a week or so; not that anybody else will want a contemporary grain elevator, but some of the techniques were unique especially with the Domino.

I won't be posting the subsequent build episodes here; that's what the blog is for so maybe subscribe over there (right hand column) or pop it into your RSS reader; some build entries will be text and photos so if you're only subscribed to the YouTube channel, you'll miss those bits.

There are two versions of the build video. There's a version that uses the music I've been using on recent videos. I like it; it won't offend anybody. It is the version embedded below.

But wait! There's more! There's a second Guitar Edition v11.0 with progressive rock guitar instrumentals; I found it very effective at knocking dust off the blinds when played appropriately loud.

Either way, since there is no commentary for the bulk of the video, if you don't like a song, mute it and cue up your Enya playlist.

For the guitar version (my recommendation!) you'll find the video on the blog posting.

Lastly, if you leave a comment on the video here, on my blog, or on the video itself, (which I'd appreciate!) please don't mention what was built as I'd like to keep the intrigue part for other viewers.

Back from the pee break? okay, hit play...

No Comment #2 - Full Build - YouTube
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM

Default Re: "No Comment #2" - Full project build in one video :)

Wow. Not sure what else to say.

Nice job. Just hoping I never get to this level of sickness
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrmccabe View Post
Wow. Not sure what else to say.

Nice job. Just hoping I never get to this level of sickness
I watched this Paul, 2am the other night during one of my bouts of insomnia on my iPad mini sideways in bed with the sound off. So, even if it was Enya for the soundtrack... it still didn't put me to sleep like I was hoping. :-)

The whole time I'm thinking, WTF is he making (without scrolling to the end). Then finally I thought the same as above... sickness. Are you furnishing all of Spider Man's lair?

Seriously... great job!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:14 AM

spoiler. Watch for an hour, and at the end, it's a pair of sawhorses.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeber View Post
spoiler. Watch for an hour, and at the end, it's a pair of sawhorses.
haha, LOL, I usually tell people it'll be a contemporary grain elevator!

Thanks for the compliments, guys
Old 03-02-2013, 01:39 AM

Paul I am really not allowed to watch your videos.. I recently watched a qwas dog video which got me 1080 enthused again and kicked off a spending spree!!!

But I snuck this one in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Paul I am really not allowed to watch your videos.. I recently watched a qwas dog video which got me 1080 enthused again and kicked off a spending spree!!!

But I snuck this one in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
....and what did you end up buying? Good thing I didn't use a lot of tools in this one
Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Paul-Marcel,

Great video, even without narration, I picked up some cool tricks and techniques.

Keep them coming.

-Rutager
Old 03-02-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
....and what did you end up buying? Good thing I didn't use a lot of tools in this one
Well the dog video made me realize the beauty of the CNC top and get past the short comings of the fence. Once I changed my thought process on how I could use it I became enthused again. So ordered dogs of course and then once I got them decided I wanted a new top.

That generally made the shop more fun so bought a new Incra sled and 1000HD and built a router table.

And yes all because the 1080/MFT video got me wound up.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Talking about a spending spree, it was Paul-Marcel's influence that caused me to run out and buy the Gamble House.

BTW: Great video, Paul-Marcel, but by now I think that almost goes without saying.