talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Woodworking Projects (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworking-projects/)
-   -   Interior of my new van - Ford Transit (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworking-projects/5594-interior-my-new-van-ford-transit.html)

WoodguyDK 12-10-2012 10:46 PM

Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
8 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys

I am new on this site - It's really exciting to see your projects and tools. :thumbsup2:
I have a small carpentryfirm in Denmark.
My new van arrived a few months ago and I just got time to prepare it for work.

Wonderwino 12-10-2012 11:16 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Nice setup! I like those hardware cases on the drawer slides. Sprinter van?

-Alex :scool:

JimKirkpatrick 12-11-2012 12:07 AM

Fantastic! If my shop was as organized, I might even get some work done. Well played!




Sent from the john using Tapatalk

AlaskaRanger 12-11-2012 03:24 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 83063)
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Nice setup! I like those hardware cases on the drawer slides. Sprinter van?

-Alex :scool:

Hmmm.. it's possible his thread title answers that.....:smack:

That is a wonderful piece of work, Woodguy.

1. I hope you are able to make use of it to convince customers to hire you.
2. Have you calculated what the weight of the cabinetry and enclosures is?
3. There are quite a few pictures of Small Items in Open Shelves. How do you secure everything for moving?

And.... Welcome!

Poto 12-11-2012 03:37 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger (Post 83070)
I believe, Alex, his thread title answers that.....:smack:

Oh sure. Be all "I can read and you can't" with the poor guy from Kansas. Sheesh!

Nice set up, Woodguy! Where are you in Denmark? What sorts of things do you do. I'm guessing you have to go up and down some narrow staircases to get to your work - the Festools must be perfect for that.

Welcome aboard! It'll be fun to have you here.

Med venlig hilsen,

Poto (it's about the only Danish I could remember...)

RWeber 12-11-2012 04:20 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
That is just way too organized. My trailer looked like that, once. Then I used it.
Memories.
Welcome. My mother came from Denmark. I've visited, and Poto lived there briefly, but they kicked him out. There was a sign with a little man standing on it, and his hand was outstretched, and it said "You have to be at least this tall to stay in Copenhagen", and that was the end of it.

Corwin 12-11-2012 04:35 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RWeber (Post 83072)
That is just way too organized. My trailer looked like that, once. Then I used it.
Memories.
Welcome. My mother came from Denmark. I've visited, and Poto lived there briefly, but they kicked him out. There was a sign with a little man standing on it, and his hand was outstretched, and it said "You have to be at least this tall to stay in Copenhagen", and that was the end of it.

:Laughing2::Laughing2::Laughing2:

:welcome: to the forum. You must drive a lot slower than I... But, I love how you've outfitted your van.

Poto 12-11-2012 05:15 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RWeber (Post 83072)
That is just way too organized. My trailer looked like that, once. Then I used it.
Memories.
Welcome. My mother came from Denmark. I've visited, and Poto lived there briefly, but they kicked him out. There was a sign with a little man standing on it, and his hand was outstretched, and it said "You have to be at least this tall to stay in Copenhagen", and that was the end of it.

:rofl: :rofl: :laughing1:

Seriously. Trying to get a bike there that was small enough so I could touch the ground...

RWeber 12-11-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Poto, to quote my first flight sergeant: If they ain't harassin ya, they don't like ya.

WoodguyDK 12-11-2012 10:10 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger (Post 83070)
That is a wonderful piece of work, Woodguy.

1. I hope you are able to make use of it to convince customers to hire you.
2. Have you calculated what the weight of the cabinetry and enclosures is?
3. There are quite a few pictures of Small Items in Open Shelves. How do you secure everything for moving?

And.... Welcome!

1: I think (hope) it will have a positive influence on any future customer.

2: I haven't calculated it out - including tool believe that it is about 500 kg

3: The shelves at the right side is made in an angle. It prevents the screw/nail-boxes ect. from sliding. Maybe you can see the details made on the left side cabinets on the pictures below.

WoodguyDK 12-11-2012 10:17 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 83071)
Oh sure. Be all "I can read and you can't" with the poor guy from Kansas. Sheesh!

Nice set up, Woodguy! Where are you in Denmark? What sorts of things do you do. I'm guessing you have to go up and down some narrow staircases to get to your work - the Festools must be perfect for that.

Welcome aboard! It'll be fun to have you here.

Med venlig hilsen,

Poto (it's about the only Danish I could remember...)

I live in Denmark's second largest city - Aarhus

We do mainly extensions, conversions and servicing.

Festool is....... as seen on the pictures my favorite tool brand! :thumbsup2:

WoodguyDK 12-11-2012 10:20 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
10 Attachment(s)
A few photos more - let me know if it's too much. http://festoolownersgroup.com/Smiley...ult/unsure.gif

http://festoolownersgroup.com/Themes...ify_inline.gif

WoodguyDK 12-11-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
4 Attachment(s)
.......

Poto 12-11-2012 10:36 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Man. This just gets cooler with every picture! Nice!

How does that barrier for the CTMini work? Does it lift up, or do you have to unscrew something?

Aarhus is lovely - I've been there once. Good university. And a wonderful place to live - you're lucky. Except at this time of year, when it's dark all the time...

Wonderwino 12-11-2012 11:56 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Are you using onboard 12v power for the lighting or is it plugged into grid current? What kind of light fixtures? That looks really bright! :goodjob:

WoodguyDK 12-12-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 83094)
Man. This just gets cooler with every picture! Nice!

How does that barrier for the CTMini work? Does it lift up, or do you have to unscrew something?

Aarhus is lovely - I've been there once. Good university. And a wonderful place to live - you're lucky. Except at this time of year, when it's dark all the time...

The metal pins is only secured in a pair of holes underlying. The weight of the vac holds it in place.

Aarhus is a great city. Its large by Danish standards, but still with that touch of small town atmosphere.
You are absolutely right about the darkness - It lightens an hour after I arrive at work and becomes dark again two hours before I'm home.

WoodguyDK 12-12-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 83096)
Are you using onboard 12v power for the lighting or is it plugged into grid current? What kind of light fixtures? That looks really bright! :goodjob:

The lightbars are only powered by the main 12V battery. But the LED light is extremely bright and also has a very low power consumption.
The bars are fabricated by a danish company called Raaco.
In denmark the price is aound 30 USD per ongoing feet.

WoodguyDK 01-25-2013 10:25 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
2 Attachment(s)
Minor update ! :thumbsup2:

I have for some time wanted to make a drawer in the unused space under the deck at the side door.
I actually thought that I would use the space to store items. But I decided later that a drawer in this position could provide easy access to some of the tools I use most.
To get the drawer to slide properly, I mounted a sliding rail on the lower floor at the front edge of the drawer. In the rear of the drawer, I have installed two small wheels pressing against the underside of the upper floor.
It is the same design as I have used on the drawers at rear doors.

meikou 01-25-2013 10:34 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Very nice setup mate. Reminds me of a guy I know in Belgium or the Netherlands (can't remember) who had his van kitted out with dewalt stuff in their storage boxes.

I had read that the Transit was supposed to be coming over here to replace the old Ford vans. Haven't seen one yet though.

ShawnR 01-26-2013 07:39 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
:raisedhand:

Hey everyone... Does Fred have a van?

ShawnR 01-26-2013 07:53 AM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
What is considered extensions and conversions? Would this be the same as adding onto the home and remodeling the interior?

Poto 01-26-2013 03:27 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnR (Post 83599)
:raisedhand:

Hey everyone... Does Fred have a van?

Nah - Fred's got a truck. Big one. A Ram, I think. He has to get more than 300 lbs of dog in there...

joraft 01-26-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
I saw the new Nissan NV ar a car show recently. I swear the interior of that thing is as big as my garage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...09-15-2011.jpg

.

Wonderwino 01-26-2013 05:55 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
So you can hide the Smart Car in there? :Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

joraft 01-26-2013 07:14 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 83603)

So you can hide the Smart Car in there?

No kidding, Alex, I'm sure the Smart will completely fit inside.

I was walking around in there and I got lost. :)

.

WoodguyDK 01-27-2013 12:59 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnR (Post 83599)
:raisedhand:

Hey everyone... Does Fred have a van?

Say what?!? :raisedhand:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnR (Post 83599)
:raisedhand:

What is considered extensions and conversions? Would this be the same as adding onto the home and remodeling the interior?

In some ways, the build is not that flexible.
But all the black boxes can be used in many ways, so it's pretty much only festool boxes that are locked in place.

I have been using almost the same tool for several years, so there will probably not be that huge replacement or extension.
Else, I have the chance again in a few years when the van must retire. :bananarock::bananarock:

RogerSavatteri 02-04-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Interior of my new van - Ford Transit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joraft (Post 83602)
I saw the new Nissan NV ar a car show recently. I swear the interior of that thing is as big as my garage.
.

You have an EMPTY garage?
:cool_shades:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:25 PM.