talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Default A Bit of Whimsy

My wife's boss wanted a cufflink box. And it was my brother's birthday, so I made two boxes, one for each.
The first is Red Gum (boring!) the second is Zebrano and Wenge.
I bought the inserts from a wholesale Jewellery display shop. They had received a bad shipment of trays for rings and sold them to me for $10.00 each (rather than the $38.00 they normally charge). I ripped them apart and glued the bits into the wooden surrounds that I made.
The Red Gum, I understand. But the Zebrano and Wenge box reminds me of the old question regarding Zebras.
Is it a white box with black stripes or a black box with white stripes?

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
bit-whimsy-front_1.jpg   bit-whimsy-open_1.jpg   bit-whimsy-side_1.jpg   bit-whimsy-top_1.jpg   bit-whimsy-front_top.jpg  

bit-whimsy-inside.jpg   bit-whimsy-side.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: A Bit of Whimsy

Wow! How many cufflinks does the guy have?!? I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of cufflinks. On the other hand, I live in California...

Nice work, Rob.

P.S. Zebras - like polar bears - are black with white stripes. Their skin is black. Just FYI...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:19 PM

Rob,

Classy group of fellows you run with, most of the people I know don't even have cuffs!

Nice boxes, I'm partial to the red gum version- I really like the contrast when you open it to see the tray.

Peter,

What do you know about polar bears and zebras? They have more than one cell!

Best,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 AM

Very nicely done, Rob!
Geez you're banging the work out the door!!! I'm gunna have to move back to Aus, if there's plenty of work
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!