talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 02:55 AM

Default Walnut Desk

Made earlier this year.
The drawer sides are cherry and the bottoms ribbon sapele.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Walnut Desk

Mmmm. Nice! I remember one of these in maple, I think. It's pretty delicious in walnut. And of course, the workmanship is impeccable. Lucky customer. I hope they appreciate what they're getting.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Walnut Desk

thanks for sharing. great highlighting the natural beauty of the walnut and matching the grain as on the desk drawers flowing across. the drawer pulls are nice too, as they allow the entire face of the walnut drawers, especially on the cart, to be seen without interruption. and I also like the idea of how the tops of the cart and desk mate together. that's really neat and functional, creating a single long top surface, and it almost appears in the photo that the streaks in some of the grain match across both tops when the are together.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!