talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Arts and Crafts table

I've been wondering about that day-job thing, too. I'll probably stick it out until I'm 65 or 67. But the allure of retiring at 55, working half time, and building furniture is pretty strong.

I didn't see many Europeans at the SLC meeting - it's a long way for them to go. No, I didn't see the Catalonians you'd met - but I'm sure I will at other meetings.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM

I was gonna take advantage of Lee Valley's current free shipping promotion. I came back to this thread to find out what the heck the name of that glue-up product Peter was talking about (Waxilit----no longer available, anywhere)
Anywho, I noticed all of your build pictures have gone missing. I've had entire albums myself go missing from this forum. This was a good reference thread. Pity.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKirkpatrick View Post

Anywho, I noticed all of your build pictures have gone missing. I've had entire albums myself go missing from this forum. This was a good reference thread. Pity.
Jim, it is a pity, and we've been working on finding where the photos are going. The database remains the same size, so we think it's a case of them becoming "unlinked" from their albums. If that's the case, we may get them back once we find out where the problem lies.

We've performed all available database repair and reindexing functions (several times), all to no avail. If anyone is familiar with vBulletin or other forum software and has any ideas I'd sure appreciate hearing them, publicly or by PM.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:21 AM

All of my photos (over 300) Vanished last year. It makes alot of my previous threads meaningless
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Rather odd... When I click on Peter's 'Arts and Crafts table' album or any of Okami's albums I get my photo albums page.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Gremlins and trolls.... They eat the pictures...
Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkTom View Post
Gremlins and trolls.... They eat the pictures...
They sure had a feast on mine
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM

I wonder why they stopped selling Waxilit? I bought some a couple of years ago and I use it on my planer trays.

I don't use it on plane soles or blades because it is very strong-smelling and I prefer simply wiping them with an oily rag, but I know some people do.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Rather odd... When I click on Peter's 'Arts and Crafts table' album or any of Okami's albums I get my photo albums page.
Hmmm. I'm thinking it's all Corwin's fault that our albums have disappeared...

Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post

Believe it or not, Corwin, that's normal (sort of). When any of us click on photos affected by this anomaly our own albums will come up.

Also, I've found that when I enter the url of any affected photos into a browser I get a completely blank page, but non-affected photos display without a problem.

I can't believe we're the only vBulletin users to have this problem, but so far I have not found anyone else.

I've got to get to the bottom of this soon, I'm having too many sleepless nights.