talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Hard Maple Desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKirkpatrick View Post
Also look how the grain on the desktop continues from the desk to the side wagon. Nice work as usual, Okami!
I had noticed that -- very nice indeed, I hope it goes to a good home that appreciates top notch craftsmanship.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Can you post any pictures of the build? I'd love to see a bit more of the construction.
I might have one or two, but not much detail I think.. I have to make another in January, febuary time in walnut. I try to document that build
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Very elegant desk, Okami. The reflective curves in the top, apron, and pulls are a nice touch. I have only one question. Why the side-mount slides? Is there a height issue that precludes the use of bottom mounts, like Blum Tandems? The side mounts cover up your nice dovetails! I'm sure you have your reasons.
Cricket
You're right, they do hide the dovetails..
For the desk, there is too much restriction in height.. The curve sacrifices a lot of the potential inner drawer space. Adding under slides there would would be difficult.
It could be possible on the wagon drawers, by decreasing the top two drawers height. The bottom's inner height must remain, as it's a file drawer.
That's something to think about for the next built, thanks for the thoughts cricket
Old 12-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post
Mmmm, Okami....

That desk looks so delicious I could eat it. Yum.
Thanks Laurie

I'll bet it's not nearly as delicious as Your Chocolates