talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: Nara Low table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
That's pretty cool, Okamisan. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Now, where can I find some live-edge boards...
Bummer that you just got rid of a bunch, but Tropical Exotic Hardwoods can supply you with some
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Yes - I'm going to have to make another trip up there, Mike. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:57 AM

When you do, let me know. I always like to visit (both there and with you). It's only about 10 min from here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Bummer that you just got rid of a bunch, but Tropical Exotic Hardwoods can supply you with some
potosan, you should give the guy a call that cut your trees down, he might sell you your trees back
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 AM

Peter,

If you're serious about looking for some "live edge" stuff, I might be able to help. Do you know about Evan Shivley up in Marshall? He's got an amazing amount of inventory......
Old 11-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mike. No, I don't know about Evan. I'm not in a rush for live-edge stuff, but it's always nice to find out about other sources of wood. Sounds like it might be time for another field trip...
Old 11-24-2011, 03:12 PM

I know this does not apply to the west coast guys, but here in the east there is a good supplier of live edge planks of all types and sizes.
Hearne Hardwoods with over 120 species of domestic and exotic hardwoods in stock, is one of the largest specialty lumber yards in the world. We are a retailer of exotic wood up to 84 inches wide, figured wood, hardwood flooring and millwork services
Cricket
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Thanks for that, I may have to hook on the utility trailer & drive down there sometime.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Has anyone clicked through the Sawmill Gallery?. Those boys like to live on the edge...

WOW!!!!!

~
Old 11-26-2011, 01:19 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

If you mean Hearne Hardwoods -- Yes.