talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to tiralie
Default Re: Bubinga Kitchen

Jim:
Beautiful work! Did you design it?

That is a nice (parts) stand. I have a couple of the Hafele stands for finishing but that one looks sturdier.

I can only imagine how hard it is to deliver and work in NYC. I used to work there (SoHo) and early in the morning would see the delivery trucks etc. unloading before the traffic really got busy.
Tim
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Thanks Tiralie,
I did not design this job, though I typically have a bit of input on the engineering, etc. There is an architect for this project. The parts rack is a Jowi and I love it. they are expensive, but so well made. This one folds up to about 18" wide, and rolls with a fingertip, fully loaded. Much nicer than the Hafele rack.

Joraft, "illegal" as regards parking is probably not the right word, and it depends on the neighborhood. On this street, you can get away with loading if someone is with the truck, but you can't leave the truck for any length of time without getting a ticket. But further downtown, I did a project (Wall St. area), and we were not permitted to stop for any reason, to unload. I didn't have a choice, so we had to accept the $120 fine. I split it with the trucker. The traffic cops, and NYPD regular cops are sometimes at odds. I've had a real cop tell the traffic cop to "move on and let this guy do his job". It can be very difficult to work in Manhattan. The last day on this bubinga job, Obama was 4 blocks away in Union Square, they were lighting the xmas tree at Rockekfeller Center, and Justin Bieber was there too. You take the gridlock warnings seriously. But I still like the work here!

Thanks again for all the responses.
Cricket
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to tiralie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Thanks Tiralie,
The parts rack is a Jowi and I love it. they are expensive, but so well made. This one folds up to about 18" wide, and rolls with a fingertip, fully loaded.
Thanks, Jim. I wish I had known about it before I bought the Hafele racks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Thanks Tiralie,
Much nicer than the Hafele rack.
I would have to agree, just looking at the pictures.

Tim