talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Bubinga Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
The Lie-Nielsen 2012 calendar is available on their main page now for pre orders.
Saw this last night and ordered it... along with a few other goodies.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM

We pretty much finished this Greenwich Village job. Have a couple of minor doodads to put on. It was a good job for a great client. Here's a couple of pics-

And the living room, which is back to back with the stove elevation.

We might try to photograph this job with a better setup later. Its hard to get back and do it, and I can't afford a pro. We'll see. I'm going back in to an earlier job next week, to measure for another little furniture piece. This job was in ebonized ash and heart pine, and I'm going to try to do some photos there.

Thanks for looking!
Cricket
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome work, Cricket. And I love the kitchen layout - great for cooking, rather than just looking-at.

And that panel in the livingroom is beautifully done. Nice work!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Beautiful, Cricket! The Village was never that upscale in the 70's.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 AM

Thanks very much guys! Just about all of Manhattan aint like it was in the 70's, or 80's or even 90's. I think this little apt. went for about 4 million, and this is W. 12th St. Property values even in Brooklyn have increased by a factor of 5 since the early nineties. I'm not complaining though.

I really enjoy working in NYC.
Cricket
Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
We pretty much finished this Greenwich Village job. Have a couple of minor doodads to put on. It was a good job for a great client.

Thanks for looking!
Cricket
Thanks for posting these Cricket!!!
Top end job, you guys do some stunning work
I noticed in the picture above how the stone grain is running horizontal to the left, and vertical on the right. Is that meant to be?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
I noticed in the picture above how the stone grain is running horizontal to the left, and vertical on the right. Is that meant to be?
The stone and its orientation was very much the client's choice. I've never seen stone quite like this. The color is very unusual. I think that the vertical grain in this elevation has to do with the boxed in ( stand pipe) section on the right.

Cricket
Old 12-02-2011, 03:36 AM

I'm guessing they followed what would be considered the natural flow of the counter top.

Great work Cricket. Although I have to say I'm glad I'm though with those types of installs. I'm admiring your work and exhausted at the same time, because I know whats involved with getting it done. The details never seem to end. Mostly its the load in and load out I hate.

Anyway, you've got that boat to look forward to now!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
I know whats involved with getting it done. The details never seem to end. Mostly its the load in and load out I hate.
Yes, and do that 3 or 4 times over the course of a job, parking on the street with one eye out for the traffic cops because all parking, loading, or unloading is illegal, commercial plates or not- down a twisty set of stairs to the basement and an awsomely undersized service elevator, wrangle with the building guys, grease a few palms. I've been doing it in NYC for 25 years, and it does get old, but the quality of the work makes it all worthwhile...well mostly.

Cricket
Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

... all parking, loading, or unloading is illegal, commercial plates or not ...
That's interesting, Cricket. Is there no legal way to bring in building materials in NYC?

Beautiful work, by the way!