talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 PM

Default Kitchen Cabinets - Green and Green

My wife and I remodeled the kitchen at our cabin. a before and after pics are shown.

We like the G&G style and also like to use several types of wood. These are made out of Hickory, Alder (with Cherry stain) and Masaranduba pegs. The alder came from 22 solid doors that were in a warehouse fire. We made 3 beds and the cabinets from the chard doors.
Attached Thumbnails
kitchen-cabinets-green-green-kitchen-before.jpg   kitchen-cabinets-green-green-kitchen-complete-far.jpg   kitchen-cabinets-green-green-p1010003.jpg   kitchen-cabinets-green-green-kithchen-complete.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Kitchen Cabinets - Green and Green

Very nice. I like the contrasts. I love alder too. I don't get much of it but it is sweet to work with.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:11 AM

I've used it so much that I'm getting tired of it. It's a very easy wood to work though.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Beautiful job on the cabinets, MBS. A very striking improvement over the originals. Will you gradually be converting the house into a G&G mansion?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Beautiful job on the cabinets, MBS. A very striking improvement over the originals. Will you gradually be converting the house into a G&G mansion?
I don't think it will ever be a mansion but it might pass for a G&G humble abode in a few years. I'm happy to say that my shop is the same size as the cabin which is something that I worked towards for many years.

Last edited by mbs; 08-23-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Nice work on the cabinets! I've been peeking at all your G&G posts while waiting on computers at work and they are some fun projects.

With this much G&G in one cabin, it must be striking to see. If you accidentally walked through the house with a video camera and posted it, I'd be one of the first to view it