talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Table and Chairs- Green and Green

I set out to make a really cool table base featuring through tennons and two different kinds of wood (Masaranduba and Durado). The truth is I spent a long time on a base that nobody ever sees because the table top is so big and the chars cover the perimeter. The base is solid 3.5" thick Masaranduba. The uprights were made out of some light wood wrapped in Durado. I made the table extension slides out of light color scrap wood I had. The Masaranduba is so heavy I needed to cut the weight some how.

This was my first attempt at making chairs. I was pretty much over my head the entire time. They're made out of Cherry and Masaranduba. The Cherry has oxidized now and the masaranduba is slightly darker than the Cherry.
Attached Thumbnails
table-chairs-green-green-cabin-table-chair3.jpg   table-chairs-green-green-cabin-table-chair1.jpg   table-chairs-green-green-cabin-arm-chair.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Table and Chairs- Green and Green

Beautiful work, MBS! I really like your attention to detail. The shaping and design on the chairs is great - those little cloud-lift corner blocks are a nice touch on the leg-seat joint in front. Did you do your own upholstery?

The table looks great - massive, but with some delicacy given by the interesting shape and the edge treatment. It must make the food taste better.

Last edited by Poto; 08-21-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Beautiful work, MBS! I really like your attention to detail. The shaping and design on the chairs is great - those little cloud-lift corner blocks are a nice touch on the leg-seat joint in front. Did you do your own upholstery?

The table looks great - massive, but with some delicacy given by the interesting shape and the edge treatment. I must make the food taste better.
I've done a little upholstery in the past but I didn't know how to do the piping so I had someone do these for me.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

This is a really nice project. I always liked the almost overbuilt underside of G&G tables. And the classic shape of the tabletop.

Well done! and welcome!