talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 PM

Default night stands - Green and Green

I made these end tables few years ago. They follow the cloud lift design of G&G. I got the plan from a magazine and dimensioned the wood just like the plan called for. Unfortunately the plan's dimensions were incorrect and it ended up taking me a long time to figure everything out and re-cut the incorrect pieces. I learned not to make a project from the first edition of the magazine because the revisions will come in a later revision.

It's made out of Cherry, Brazilian Cherry, and hickroy. I dont remember what I made the tenons out of.
Attached Thumbnails
night-stands-green-green-img_0866.jpg   night-stands-green-green-img_0867.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: night stands - Green and Green

Great work. It took me a while to realize that the lamp was not part of the table. Nice job on those, too.

I think if I had done that drawer I would have reversed the pins and tails of the dovetails. Right now they're arranged so that pulling on the drawer from will tend to loosen the joint. If the pins and tails had been reversed, then pulling on the drawer knob would tend to tighten the joint.

Lots of beautiful elements on your pieces, and I like the care with which you chose the wood grains.

Thanks so much for posting! Please consider giving us pictures as the build progresses next time - it's a great learning experience for all of us!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Default Re: night stands - Green and Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Great work. It took me a while to realize that the lamp was not part of the table. Nice job on those, too.

I think if I had done that drawer I would have reversed the pins and tails of the dovetails. Right now they're arranged so that pulling on the drawer from will tend to loosen the joint. If the pins and tails had been reversed, then pulling on the drawer knob would tend to tighten the joint.

Lots of beautiful elements on your pieces, and I like the care with which you chose the wood grains.

Thanks so much for posting! Please consider giving us pictures as the build progresses next time - it's a great learning experience for all of us!
Thanks for the advice on the drawers. It's basically a box joint the way it's made now.

The lamps were made by my wife's grandfather in the early '70's.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!