talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Woodworking Projects (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworking-projects/)
-   -   End tables (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworking-projects/4767-end-tables.html)

mbs 08-20-2011 06:53 AM

End tables

2 Attachment(s)
I'm a newbee who's just learning about Festool. Nice site. I'm sure I will learn a lot. Here's a pic of a past project. It's made out of cherry, Hickory and Masaranduba. The hickory came out of my Grandfather shop from the 1970's.

TomCrawford 08-20-2011 07:19 AM

Re: End tables

Nice - I really like the Greene and Greene style.

Poto 08-20-2011 07:38 AM

There are some really nice elements in those tables. Great job. Are the dark squares on the drawer fronts the ends of joints, or are they just decorative?

That's a great piece of stone you have for the top. Did you design the tables around it, or find some pieces to fit the look of the table?

It looks like you have some lovely property there!

Corwin 08-20-2011 07:42 AM

What fun looking end tables. Thanks for sharing. And, :welcome: to the board!

TahoeTwoBears 08-20-2011 03:09 PM

Welcome. I'm liking your work a lot. Love the Greene & Greene style. Great wood and stone selection. Perfect!

mbs 08-20-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 71778)
There are some really nice elements in those tables. Great job. Are the dark squares on the drawer fronts the ends of joints, or are they just decorative?

That's a great piece of stone you have for the top. Did you design the tables around it, or find some pieces to fit the look of the table?

It looks like you have some lovely property there!

The dark squares in the front of the drawer are the proud ends of box joints.

The marble stone was a remnant from a counter top factory. I made 2 end tables with matching stone. I designed the tables and made the marble fit.

The shop is in the tall pines in AZ. I'm slowly doing the entire place with Green and Green furnature. I'll post some pictures of other projects.

joraft 08-20-2011 11:11 PM

:welcome: to the forum, MBS. :raisedhand:

Very nice work, I hope to see more. :thumbsup2:

Okami 08-21-2011 07:22 AM

You do some nice clean work!
Very nice, and welcome!

AlaskaRanger 08-21-2011 08:18 AM

The three-dimensional element in the G&G style appeals to me no end, enhanced by the woods' contrasting colors and chiaroscuro features - which further augment that three-dimensionality. Great stuff!

Is the drawer pull a rubbed bronze, or wood?

TahoeTwoBears 08-21-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbs (Post 71804)
The dark squares in the front of the drawer are the proud ends of box joints.

The marble stone was a remnant from a counter top factory. I made 2 end tables with matching stone. I designed the tables and made the marble fit.

The shop is in the tall pines in AZ. I'm slowly doing the entire place with Green and Green furnature. I'll post some pictures of other projects.

Flagstaff area? My wife and I really like it there. It's one of the places we've talked about relocating to.