talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Ingredients for six chairs

Very pretty, very nicely built- I'm amazed by all of it. Sorry that the client 'neglected' to mention that the access was so tight. Funny how that often doesn't come up until an item is trying to be squeezed through the small space during delivery. What's also interesting is the wood floor of the room that the set is now in. I see what appears to be stopped butt joints all in a line at various places. That's kind of strange, or is is a photo illusion?

Last edited by Leakyroof; 08-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:24 AM

Beautiful table and chairs, Okamisan.

I built a curio cabinet for a co-worker of my wife. Cost was an issue, so I used a relatively low cost wood (probably Aspen, but not sure anymore), stained it the color she wanted, and was ready to deliver it, upon which she decided then that she did not want it, and had yet to see it.

I learned a lesson then. Always ask for a non-refundable deposit to cover the materials. I spent several hundred dollars on the wood and glass and it now stands in our family room. If I knew that I was going to keep it, I would have used oak or cherry instead.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinGiersberg View Post
Beautiful table and chairs, Okamisan.

I built a curio cabinet for a co-worker of my wife. Cost was an issue, so I used a relatively low cost wood (probably Aspen, but not sure anymore), stained it the color she wanted, and was ready to deliver it, upon which she decided then that she did not want it, and had yet to see it.

I learned a lesson then. Always ask for a non-refundable deposit to cover the materials. I spent several hundred dollars on the wood and glass and it now stands in our family room. If I knew that I was going to keep it, I would have used oak or cherry instead.
Thanks Colin!

Yes, I always take a non-refundable deposit before I commence work, it has to be done I'm afraid... the only exception is if the client is a return customer that I know.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 AM

Thanks everyone for Your comments
Here's a few more quick snaps of one of the chairs before the delivery

Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Wow∞

Love the slab and the chairs. The backs are stunning.

Perhaps it was earlier in this thread, but did you steam-bend the backs or were they laminate bent? Look steamed. Gonna have to look back in this thread to see a shot of the slab. Love it!

Well done.