talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Woodworking Projects

Woodworking Projects Chairs to chests, boxes to breadboards? Stop in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Open plan built in cupboards complete

Hi guys i finally finished the biggest job of my life so i thought id put up some pictures of it, as well as the renderings i did for the client before hand. I reckon they came out pretty close to what was shown to them.

Last edited by waynelang2001; 10-14-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Open plan built in cupboards complete

Wow, that is a lot of staining dude! But it's looking great!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Amazing job, Wayne. Is it a closet, or a library, or what? It seems (from the pictures) very dark and gloomy. Is it that way in real life? Nice, nice work.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Amazing job, Wayne. Is it a closet, or a library, or what? It seems (from the pictures) very dark and gloomy. Is it that way in real life? Nice, nice work.
it is a room just for clothing and yes it is quite gloomy they still have move down lights to fit in the room. Until then they can just use a flash light :P
Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofurniture View Post
Wow, that is a lot of staining dude! But it's looking great!
lol it was alot of staining i think i went through about 15L of the stuff.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Wayne, I love the way your renderings come so close to the finished product! That must prevent most disagreements later on.

That's pretty dark for a closet. It will take a lot of lighting to make it workable for matching up clothing, not to mention checking for stains and wrinkles.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Wayne, I love the way your renderings come so close to the finished product! That must prevent most disagreements later on.

That's pretty dark for a closet. It will take a lot of lighting to make it workable for matching up clothing, not to mention checking for stains and wrinkles.
i did suggest to them maybe going lighter but they had there heart set on a picture they showed me in a magazine so thats how it goes.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM

Wayne

That is a super job, and, as long as they pay the bill and they are happy it isn't "too dark"

I would hate to have to lighten that up if they said "opps"!

You've got a lot to be proud of with that job I'm sure the finished pics will be a good addition to your portfolio

Jay
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post
Wayne

That is a super job, and, as long as they pay the bill and they are happy it isn't "too dark"

I would hate to have to lighten that up if they said "opps"!

You've got a lot to be proud of with that job I'm sure the finished pics will be a good addition to your portfolio

Jay
they did pay the bill and then some, you see i was subcontracted the job by a store in a local shopping centre. They didnt tell this to the client however and ended up charging the client double on what i quoted.....They made more money out of it then i did and didnt even lift a finger on any of the work, The client has found out however and are not happy with being ripped off and will be dealing directly with me in future.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 PM

One thing i did find out on this job is that 100 grit on the rotex is not good enough........so ive bumped it up to 120 and the resulting finish is muuuuch better.

Last edited by waynelang2001; 10-14-2009 at 07:55 PM.