talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Woodworkers Cafe (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworkers-cafe/)
-   -   Mortise Pal (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworkers-cafe/892-mortise-pal.html)

colinwhite 09-09-2008 02:41 PM

Mortise Pal

Hi,

The Domino bought popularity to the loose Tenon joint and now there are more and more jigs coming on to the market for loose tenon joinery, Take a look at this one its design is pretty similar to the Dowelmax Jig, apart from using spacers to position the jig on the work piece Mortise Pal uses two sliding lockable rails.

Mortise Pal

Poto 09-09-2008 04:42 PM

Re: Mortise Pal

I was checking that out as a possibility for making mortises for my chair stretchers. Looks like a very nicely thought-out piece of machinery. Has anyone tried it?

Okami 09-10-2008 01:05 AM

Looks like a handy jig! seems well made too
Is there a price on it?
Okami

colinwhite 09-10-2008 01:17 AM

Okami,
$199.00

fidelfs 09-10-2008 02:16 AM

I just called my wife and she told me the Mortise Pal has arrived. I work out of state (Consultant) so I have to wait until the weekend (If Ike allows me to work, meaning it doesn't hit Houston) to test it.

There is an $30 off if you enter the word "woodnet" at the checkout.

If this works fine with my OF1400 I could think of putting my domino for sale.

Okami 09-10-2008 02:48 AM

Domino for saleBig eek
I'd never sell my domino. Especially if it's the old pin type!
Cheers!
Okami

fidelfs 09-10-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okami (Post 8116)
Domino for saleBig eek
I'd never sell my domino. Especially if it's the old pin type!
Cheers!
Okami

Yes, It is the old pin type.

Poto 09-10-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidelfs (Post 8113)
I just called my wife and she told me the Mortise Pal has arrived. I work out of state (Consultant) so I have to wait until the weekend (If Ike allows me to work, meaning it doesn't hit Houston) to test it.

There is an $30 off if you enter the word "woodnet" at the checkout.

If this works fine with my OF1400 I could think of putting my domino for sale.

Fidelfs - where did you purchase it? Is that on Amazon, or did you get it from the company? $30 off is a pretty good deal!

EijiFuller 09-10-2008 07:48 AM

that is a nice looking jig. But I would never sell my Domino either. the domino is just so fast in its creation of the mortise. its like cheating really. Mortising with a router is pretty slow compared to the domino.

fidelfs 09-10-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 8124)
Fidelfs - where did you purchase it? Is that on Amazon, or did you get it from the company? $30 off is a pretty good deal!

I got it from the website, when you checkout there is a place to enter any discount so you enter "woodnet" and you get the discount.

Fidel