Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Re: Just in Time for the Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson View Post
So let's review. Colin was wrong, and if Poto and Michael could get together, they would have it all nailed.
Poto's guesses,

1. "It's the engine, transmission and wheels for the Festool car! It's slightly smaller than the Smart car, runs on sawdust, and other than a rattling noise from the MMC electronics, has no emissions."

2. "Ah - Rick must already have the CMS by now! This must be the Festool bandsaw. Or the espresso machine insert for the CMS. Or the Festool-Walko hybrid."

3. "it's.... a MUSKRAT!"

4. "Come to think of it, muskrats are available in North America. Perhaps it's a badger? A very small German Shepherd?

Gotta go with the CMS. But I thought you already had that. It's a vacuum-assisted CMS-driven German Shepherd."

5. "I went back through the thread, and the only thing I could see that Colin had guessed was that they were Festools. So if they're not Festools ... hmmm. Somebody is shipping something in Festool boxes. And somebody else is throwing us off the trail with cats on Festool Systainers.

So I'm going to have to go with ... I don't have a clue.

Bupkus.

Small parts of Walko benches that you still need to put together?"

6. "So maybe someone needs to design a car around Systainers and the Walko. Picture a Smart car with built-in Systainer clips..."

Synthesizing Poto's guesses is beyond my ability on a diet free of hallucinogenic drugs. My conclusion is that Poto's guesses in a pot equal a red herring.

If the shipment Rick received is all NAINA (as implied) I'm beginning to think the TS 75 the cat is sitting on is also a red herring. The middle cardboard box is the right size/shape to hold a Sys 5 but...

My gut tells me that the only bit that is useful from Poto's guesses is "they're not Festools"

An argument could be made that the vacuum clamp is not a tool since it can't directly perform a wood removal operation.

My guesses,

1. "I'll go with the vacuum clamp fixture and the pump.
That takes care of two of the boxes.

The other box might have the new Lithium ion powered drill/driver.

But what about those long boxes on the side?

I'm guessing long rails for the MFT3 in the big box and new 2 meter rails for the MFS in the other boxes strapped to it. I don't like these last guesses because they don't exactly correspond to the box shapes..."

2. "TS 75 is the only tool available in NA that comes in a Sys 5.
It fits nicely in the CMS, which is NAINA.

Okay, so you got the CMS.
But you can't plug it in, HA HA.
Do you need two adapters or just one?

Surely you don't need another TS 75.
But, the CMS is totally wired for 220v so they sent you a 220v TS 75 so you only need the one adapter to plug the CMS into your shop 220 line.

How many different tool mounting inserts did you get?"

Okay, here's my final offer, this stuff, no tools per se.

In case the images don't show up, I'm going fore the CMS 240v module for the NFT3 and the sliding table. It's troubling that Rick said it wasn't the CMS but I don't think his "clues" are reliable.

Also, the vacuum pump and the vaccum clamp fixture.

And long rails for?

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 09-09-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Inactive Member

Michael,
I never said it wasn't tools. I also never said it was 100% NAINA. And I have not thrown in any red herrings.....if I did, the cat would have eaten them. Oh, and to repeat what I am pretty sure I already said, it is not the CMS.

Oh, one more clue. Not only was joraft dead wrong, but he was even more wrong than anyone would probably (no definitely) assume. That's not a direct clue, but a clue that you need to broaden your views.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 AM

Hi,

OK , I think one of them is the Makita sp6000 plunge saw.

Seth
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
but a clue that you need to broaden your views.
Michael, Maybe something "other" than big brown delivered those boxes?
Maybe Rick has a Richard Dryfuss mountain / sculpture thing going on behind those stain-glass windows?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Geez, Michael. You missed, like, half my best guesses!

And he said, "if Poto and Michael could get together they'd have it nailed."

While I'll admit it's probably not a vacuum-assisted CMS-driven German Shepherd, perhaps there's something to the Walko bench or the Systainer Smart car.

Here's a thought: TimmyC is the exclusive NA dealer of Walko. He also sells Festools. So who would have lots of Festool boxes left over for shipping stuff? Walko stuff?

(Do I hear a "Dun dun duuuunnn"?)
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Inactive Member

Geeze, if I didn't have this uncontrollable urge to go postal on a certain lawyer right now, I might enjoy playing with you guys some more. (No, not related to this thread, but it is the reason why I am still awake at nearly 4:00 am!!!)

Poto, you are right, it used to be a CMS-powered German Shepard, but the cat ate it, so now it is just a fuzzy rug in the living room. (Just kidding, that is NOT a clue!)

Obviously you guys don't have a clue how this whole "dealer thing" works. The "Timmys" and "Bobs" and "Anthonys", and god knows who else, are way down the information totem pole from me, and they certainly aren't going to be sending me NAINA tools. I typically have a tool many months before the dealers have even gotten wind of its existence, let alone seen one. So no, Timmy did not send me a Walko (although he did offer one). Some might think there is a red herring in there, but the point is that it is not a Walko, and even Timmy doesn't know about this.

Come to think of it, it has probably gotta piss you guys off that Timmy offered to send me a Walko, and I turned him down for no other reason than I couldn't justify his expense in giving one to me. Yup. It is a true sickness when a tool-junkie turns down a free tool because he has too many tools. :stongue::stongue::stongue:

The answer is staring you guys in the face, but those phytoplankton are blurring your view.

Last edited by RickChristopherson; 09-09-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM

I'm guessing there's a LHS 225 EQ-Set and some consumables, together with the revised Centrotec Set in Systainer and the new drill.

Festool Demo's & Personal Service
in Central Texas
Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Not only was joraft dead wrong, but he was even more wrong than anyone would probably (no definitely) assume. That's not a direct clue, but a clue that you need to broaden your views.
That's okay. I have a lifetime of experience in being wrong, so I'm used to it.

But I did make a fairly definitive (and apparently incorrect) statement, so it could be a good clue. I wouldn't think FTUSA would bother sending Rick anything for review unless it was being considered for future availability in NA, so they could be some items that we've been lusting for that may be "coming soon" to NA. (But then, would he be free to tell us much right now?)

But none of this helps much with what's actually in the boxes.

Last edited by joraft; 09-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Rick,

You realize that the trend setting crowd has not viewed Minnesota as cutting edge since "the Artist formally know as..." was a Prince back in the 80's

It's great to hear you are continuing to buck the trend!!!!

But for the Festool Junkie Systainer crowd it's nice to catch rumblings about new toys on the distance horizon.....

And for someone who also resides in Minnesota it's nice to know that they have both heard and can find the place!!!

jim
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Hi,

I am going to add a little to my guess-

The top box is the Makita SP6000 plunge saw

The middle is a TS75 in a Sys V

The longest box is the 75" guide rail for the TS75

The shorter skinny box is the 55" guide rail for the Makita

Seth