talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Détente?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post

I came over here for a freer and more peaceful atmosphere, and I think so far we are all doing a hell of a job in making it that way. The less we get into discussing the other place, the easier it will be to continue along those lines.

Seth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSemenza View Post

Seth
Just browsing that thread, back from my long vacations.
I understand some of us may want to release some steam.

but in my opinion the less we discuss all that stuff, the better it is,
so this forum shows a much greater dignity ...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhch
... but in my opinion the less we discuss all that stuff, the better it is,
so this forum shows a much greater dignity ...
In the words of my Californian colleagues: totally, dude!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:25 PM

Wow , A guy living in Grenoble France getting back from a vacation.
I'm impressed. How about some more pictures of the none vacation area.
We Skiers love mountains.
Former 10th Mountain Division WWII Ski Trooper
Bob
Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshed View Post

I don't really give a toss one way or another. What I'm really depressed about is the fact that so many rational people got their knickers in a twist so badly that it becomes a soap opera. It really is pathetic.

I've been involved in online forums for nearly fifteen years, so I'm fairly used to the fact that many adults can often act like children.

I've seen hundreds of forums come and go, and many of the survivors go through several personality changes. The administrators and moderators may play a big role in the success of a forum, but it's really the members that decide what kind of forum they will have.

Ironically, some people come to a forum and inject a lot of negativity and then complain that it's not a friendly place to be. If we are to have successful forum it's up to the rest of us to learn to let them have their say, take take it with a grain of salt, but not let them be the primary guiding force.

To me, the ideal forum has always been one in which the members feel free to say anything they want (within reason). One in which people can disagree but keep the discussions respectful and informative. Over the years I've learned the most from well informed people that I may have originally disagreed with. In my view, a forum in which everyone always thinks the same has less potential for a valuable exchange of information. I've been involved in hundreds of often very heated arguments, learned a lot from them, and yet still been able to come out the other end with no hard feelings towards anyone.

People soon become known in a forum not so much by their opinions, but the way they present those opinions, and the amount knowledge behind them. People who tend to go off on baseless rants and attacks will soon lose respect and be ignored. They don't necessarily need to be deleted or banned, their own behavior will push them off to the sidelines where their input will be considered of little or no importance.

The bottom line, it's up to each and every one of the reasonable, rational people around here to set the tone for what kind forum this will be.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Indents?

Michael, et al, I am not sure as to what you are referring to but MY indents on all of my saws are perfect so I am just going to stay here iffen that is okay wit chew guys?? Neoshed, I have looked over my Kapex and I can honestly say that I am completely impartial about it's indents as well.
So, I think I have safely put this entire topic to rest. :thum bsup2: Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Thanks Fred, that's what we were waiting for.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:33 AM

When I look around this place it seems, for the most part, that it is the new home of most of those members that built Fog into what it was for a time, a truly fine forum. For various and sundry reasons things have changed there. It is unreasonable to believe that this group, en mass, suddenly turned sour, thereby precipitating all of the trouble.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Things will get Better

Old 09-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Founding Member

Michael, thank you. Greg it is truly a wonderful site and I am glad to see you here. Bob, what an awesome picture and yes things will get better.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31