talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Default Glad TF is back!

Dudes,
I'm so glad TF is back online. I was jonesing pretty hard last night. I went to SMC and my wife was laughing at me and saying I was showing the true signs of an addict. "You can't get your alcohol so now you are drinking cough syrup. They don't even talk about festools!" And I replied with a weak, "Yeah but they talk about other woodworking stuff."
She said, "So you have been posting on SMC too?"
I says, "I just started tonight."
She says, "I rest my case."

Eiji
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Glad TF is back!

Eiji,

Has your wife been talking to my wife?!? Sounds just like Marianne! Hmmm... Maybe they're sisters or somethin'!

Dan.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

I had, like, three hours extra in my day, while tF was down. I hardly knew what to do with myself! I felt like I had lost all my friends.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 PM

NAP!!!

Hey I'm glad too. My shakes and hives have subsided.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 AM

Eiji,

We are glad to be back too.

Most of you guys will never know the amount of work it took to move T/F so quickly from one place to another without any warning or planning, and I would personally like to thank the whole T/F team for their efforts especially Ned Young and Dan Clark for their dogged commitment to get us back online smoothly.

And Thank you all for being patient with us while we did this.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I had, like, three hours extra in my day, while tF was down. I hardly knew what to do with myself! I felt like I had lost all my friends.
Maybe you could have done some actual woodworking, instead of virtual woodworking.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 AM

Well, I had it bad and I was stuck indoors all day Friday as TS Fay rolled by. My power was out for a total of 5 hours so that kinda helped since I could've used the internet anyway.

Still getting rain this evening from the tail of Fay but the winds have died down. Lots of dead limbs down all over the place but other than that, no problems.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:42 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post
Well, I had it bad and I was stuck indoors all day Friday as TS Fay rolled by. My power was out for a total of 5 hours so that kinda helped since I could've used the internet anyway.

Still getting rain this evening from the tail of Fay but the winds have died down. Lots of dead limbs down all over the place but other than that, no problems.
That's one of the most dubious silver linings to a storm I've heard but I'm glad you didn't have any serious problems.

And another big thanks to you guys for getting tF back online!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 AM

I'm glad it is back too, as well as TS Fay didn't give you any problem Qwas.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, Eiji, I did get some serious woodworking done. Man! You should see my bar stools. About six more sandings, and I can finish them. I'll give a full post later.

But, boy! I was tired out from those extra 3 hours of work! Today's much more relaxing.

A big THANK YOU to all the tF guys who rescued us!!!