talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Glad TF is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson View Post
Amateur!! If you were a real procrastinator, you would already know that if you leave the dishes go long enough the food will biodegrade on its own.
Or when the smell of moldy food in you kitchen sink gets to you wife, she will usually wash them for you. I tried this before we got married at my pad. Now she is the dishwashing expert at our house.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Same here. I'm not even allowed to do laundry! And only recently am I allowed to go food shopping, but even then I seem to screw up a lot. In my defense, if you knew my wife, you'd realize that food shopping is a lot harder than most people imagine. My wife's not most people...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 PM

Wow, it must be Sunday, Poto is all dressed up.
You guys make me feel great. I thought I was the premier procrastinator.
I do have an 1860 Steinway I have been trying to get to for years.
The worst thing I do is start new things that I don't finish before I start
an other project. I did order some 1/4" drill rod for a jig to do the wings
of the giant WWI C5a, and the brass rod is coming for my new and improved centering device. Then there are the prints for that strip kayak in the tube over in the corner. The half built Spice Rack. My high School project. Two guitars and one repair waiting. That old mahogany Roll top to repair and refinish. I just committed to refinishing a Stickly Style table and to repair an other large round one. Oh yes, there is that 8' gold leaf sign to be made. And the list goes on.

Poto, Your so lucky you don't have to do the dishes. How does your wife do it, let Wally lick them clean.
Bob
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Bob - by the time I'm your age, I'll probably have a list as long as yours, too. Only, perhaps I won't: Sharon is of the opinion that if you haven't used it in 3 years (an inordinately short amount of time), it should be thrown out. So all my to-do projects have disappeared.

Once again, procrastination works!

On the other hand, I have about 4 papers that I need to write at work. Unfortunately, nobody is hounding me enough to make me work on them...

As for dishes, Wally doesn't get people food, so just use huge amounts of water (in this desert city) to clean them. We also have a dishwasher named after one of Darrin's dogs!