talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 03:43 AM

Default Suggestion on TS75 price

I am going to sell my TS75 with the 1900 guide rail. Lightly used I don't think it has seen 20 sheets of plywood. Wondering what you guys think is a good idea of price? they are now 780.00 new.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: Suggestion on TS75 price

Check ebay. Used Festool sells for 80% of retail or better.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:52 PM

Keep it.
Although I have heavy machinery, sometimes it's good to take the tool to the workpiece. Several times I've used it to trim edges on heavy slabs.
Also, certain projects require I trim parts after assembly. The track saw makes those tasks easy.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:11 AM
Administrator

if this was my only track saw I'd have a hard time letting it go.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:40 AM

All good thought thanks. I have thought about keeping it, will give it some more thought. I am going to fold up the Kapex and put it away to see if I miss it. I am pretty sure the KF700 will do everything I need but not sure yet. The Kapex takes a bunch of room and I do not work out of the shop, but with the complete stand and wings setup it is easy if I needed to go work somewhere else. I suppose the TS75 would fit the same bill.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:18 AM

A mitre saw is another one of those tools I wouldn't want to be without, but it depends on the type of work you foresee yourself doing.
I'm often doing some trim or working around my house. It's another one of those tools that you park next to your work area.
Being that it's a Kapaex, I'd probably sell it before the thing taps out in a puff of smoke and get something else