talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2016, 01:33 PM

Default Leonard Lee passed away- Lee Valley

I just saw the post from July 7th on FOG announcing his death. I wish the whole Lee family our heartfelt condolences. talkFestool owes a glass raised for all that Lee Valley has done for woodworking and more over the years..

Last edited by Leakyroof; 07-13-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Leonard Lee passed away- Lee Valley

Yes, very sad. Leonard Lee was quite an amazing man.

I'm visiting the Veritas facility in Ottawa on Friday. I'll pass on the condolences from all of us at talkFestool.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Yes, very sad. Leonard Lee was quite an amazing man.

I'm visiting the Veritas facility in Ottawa on Friday. I'll pass on the condolences from all of us at talkFestool.
. Thank you for that Peter. We'll be well represented by you while you visit there.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I saw that on facebook the day it happened. What a great life he lead! Thanks for representing us so well, Peter!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2016, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Had an amazing tour of the Lee Valley and Veritas facilities today, courtesy of Rick Blaiklock. I met Bob Lee (Leonard's brother), and passed on our condolences. I've also been emailing with Robin Lee, Leonard's son and heir to the Lee Valley empire. They were both extremely gracious. It's been a hard week for them.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Had an amazing tour of the Lee Valley and Veritas facilities today, courtesy of Rick Blaiklock. I met Bob Lee (Leonard's brother), and passed on our condolences. I've also been emailing with Robin Lee, Leonard's son and heir to the Lee Valley empire. They were both extremely gracious. It's been a hard week for them.
Any pictures?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Sadly, none. On the one hand I was too engrossed in the tour to take out my camera, and on the other, I was sworn to secrecy on a lot of it. Sorry. But I'd happy to go back again and do better next time!