talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 01:34 AM

Default The End ... and new beginning.

I was unable to reply to the post about shutting the forum down so I am posting here.

A new daily "fix" is going to have to be found for me, while I am not the biggest poster I do check in daily. Amazing how you can find friendship from folks you have never met in person. I have learned much here, I would like to thank everyone for the support of my hobby learning curve.

If this group reforms somewhere else like a private Facebook page I would like to be included.

Thank you to all of the folks who have spend countless hours and $$ to keep this going, you are great.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2015, 04:04 AM

Default re: The End ... and new beginning.

Thanks John, and all the others who put so much time into Talkfestool.

I will miss you all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:01 AM

Sorry to see this happen, and I'm sure it was a difficult decision. Thank you to everyone who kept it going this long.

Will there be a place to see old archives and projects? Perhaps just an FTP site where things would reside with little or no maintenance?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Ditto what Mark said. This has become a family to me and I will miss everyone. When we moved from the FOG it instantly felt much more comfortable. Small and cozy. It's the only forum I check every morning and has been quite the little pick me up.

I certainly don't know much about Facebook, but is there a way to create a place to keep in touch there?

I'll miss you all.

Mike
Old 03-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I created a "TalkFestool" page on facebook. I used to belong to the old Digital Image Cafe, and when it shut down, a "friends of" page was created on facebook.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

https://www.facebook.com/talkFestool..._type=bookmark

Stop in and say hello!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-22-2015, 08:29 PM

Done, thanks!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:51 AM

To quote a Buddha
"Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make Your peace with that and all will be well".

I, for one, am proud of Talkfestool for standing up and digging in as long as it has. It's not been an easy road, as some of us whom were here from day one know.. but this forum had an uncanny knack of attracting good, smart people (but not everyone, sometimes the odd leaky roof would somehow settle in only joking leaky)

There's many people to thank for Talkfestool, some of whom are not part of the current running of the forum.
The current crew: John, Potosan, Corwin, Wino and lastly but in no means least our Fred, Who is no longer with us. I'd like to thank You all

Also there's the members, that is, without them the forum doesn't exist. Ultimately that has been the downfall, not enough posts.. In any case, thanks to the posters that dug in and tried to keep the forum alive
I'll miss You all.
Okami.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Okamisan,

We haven't seen you in quite a while, glad you took the time to drop in for a goodbye post.

You have certainly been one of the members who made this place great.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:54 PM

I add my thanks to all who have made the forum available over the years, it certainly has been the most enjoyable visit I make to the internet each day.

Thanks to all the work done in administration, and to all those that have kindly commented, generously sharing their experience and expertise. This will be hard to replace.

I have sworn to never get on facebook, but may have to re-think that issue, if that is the best way to stay in touch. Best wishes to all and good luck on your future projects and endeavors.