talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Robbed and depressed

If you do decide to get cameras, make sure they are true HD (1080p) not 720p resolution. In this day and age they are quite affordable, and there's nothing more frustrating than having a video of someone stealing your stuff but not being able to make out their features.

Also, hide your DVR well or stream to the cloud so the bad guys can't steal the evidence of their break-in along with your stuff!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:38 PM

Dang Mike,

I just déjà vued you.

I was looking for my BCTW dovetail plane kit to measure the height I would need to make a auxiliary bench and couldn't find it for the life of me. Now my shop is tiny and the box was a decent size. Only have had three very trusted friends over, but was starting to play the same mind game you did. Seemed odd that much easier to pocket and more useful tools where laying all over, so I kept searching with a wee bit of panic, they I saw them, the plastic tubs I put a bunch of boxes into under a stack of scraps- time for a shop cleaning.

What a sucky feeling, only lasted about ten minutes, but man.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

It sounds like we need some kind of Dewey Decimal system to organize our tools in a logical manner. But then, that tool return cart would be overflowing....

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 11-20-2014, 12:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Dang Mike,

I just déjà vued you.

I was looking for my BCTW dovetail plane kit to measure the height I would need to make a auxiliary bench and couldn't find it for the life of me. Now my shop is tiny and the box was a decent size. Only have had three very trusted friends over, but was starting to play the same mind game you did. Seemed odd that much easier to pocket and more useful tools where laying all over, so I kept searching with a wee bit of panic, they I saw them, the plastic tubs I put a bunch of boxes into under a stack of scraps- time for a shop cleaning.

What a sucky feeling, only lasted about ten minutes, but man.
I know. See what I mean. Now extend that to 3 days with you and someone else tearing the place apart and you'll see where I was. Like I said before it was a lot less about the thought of the dollars and more about having bad thoughts about people..........
Old 11-21-2014, 03:19 PM

I know I have a Unisaw in the shop somewhere! How can it hide so well in a 3 car garage? I sure hope its not under that pile of half finished projects!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Administrator

I just came across this post of mine from a couple of years ago :

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft;10/16/2012

Wonderwino came to visit my shop today, and to help me unload my new JMP and CMS.

He asked me where my first JMP was, and even with his help it took us an hour to find it. After a while of searching he asked me if Rutager had been around (I hear that he collects them).

After we found it, I had the APB on Rutager canceled.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:16 PM

John,

Looked for your JMPs lately?
Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecloud View Post
I know I have a Unisaw in the shop somewhere! How can it hide so well in a 3 car garage? I sure hope its not under that pile of half finished projects!
Way too accurate....