talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Podcasts

Okay it's late at night and you guys just aren't entertaining me enough. Come on guys, the Cafe is getting a little boring here.

So, I've been into podcasts. It's sort of like YouTube sent directly to you through iTunes. My favorites are the WoodWhisperer, Woodworking Online, Rough Cut Show, Geekbrief TV, Mahalo Daily, 60 Second Science, Tiki Bar, and my latest is Wallstrip.

So is anybody else watching podcasts and if so, what are your favorites?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Podcasts

No pod.

But I have found Joe Fusco's little videos useful. Thanks for the tip on Durham's Rock Hard Putty - made my MFT top work (not look) good as new.

Though I have to say that my transcription of your pronunciation of "Durham's" was amusingly inaccurate! Not used to those east-coast accents, I guess.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:18 PM

It's not a podcast but it is video. I found his website with the videos and here is the link.

http://www.josephfusco.org/Video.html

Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't seen his videos before and he does Festool stuff so I will be checking it out.

Last edited by Qwas; 08-17-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post

Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't seen his videos before and he does Festool stuff so I will be checking it out.

Steve, in case you didn't know, Joe Fusco is a member here, under the name JackRafter.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Thanks, good to know and an honor to have him here.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to JackRafter

Guy's thanks for the honorably mention though I should have started doing them when I was 30 lbs lighter and a bit younger Seeing yourself on camera can be quite revealing

I'm working on another one that deals with the VS 600 and making drawers, should be helpful to most people. I'll give you guys a heads up when it uploaded.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRafter View Post

...I should have started doing them when I was 30 lbs lighter and a bit younger Seeing yourself on camera can be quite revealing

It's all relative, Joe. Compared to me, you look young and trim.

Keep us posted on your new project. This is all good stuff.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM

Smile Re: Podcasts

Thanks for the input Joe, and thanks for the hard work on the videos too.

I'm not ready to buy a VS600 yet but I sure have been curious about it. Your video might change my mind and I'll end up buying it.