talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 12:06 AM

Default When common sense prevails!!!

Thought this might appeal to peoples porcine penchants.

Regards,

Nigel Hogg,
Pig Farmer
Attached Thumbnails
when-common-sense-prevails-salad.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 AM

Default Re: When common sense prevails!!!

Bacon, BACON,BACON!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 AM

A meal fit for Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 AM

Rutager hasn't had a soda pop in over 3 months and gets several servings of fruits and vegetables a day- I've hardly had any bacon at all- although at Handworks I had bacon with my breakfast each morning; good Iowa bacon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Rutager hasn't had a soda pop in over 3 months and gets several servings of fruits and vegetables a day- I've hardly had any bacon at all- although at Handworks I had bacon with my breakfast each morning; good Iowa bacon!
I haven't had any soda since Sept. 2011. Lost weight fast after that, and feel much better[it's the bubbles, they go to your head]
Of course, I started excercising 6 days a week at the same time, so that MIGHT have something to add to it...
I only have bacon on Sunday morning breakfasts. So I look forward to that...
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM

It's the artificial sweeteners they put in the sodas that are the real bad guys..worse than real sugar by a mile bad stuff
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM

How interesting. We've recently changed our diets too. It sounded like it was going to be a drastic step, but in reality, we barely notice. We just buy a little different. And I like cooking.
We're barely trying, and the weight just falls off.
I too almost quit soda entirely.
HFCS. Where I live, theres trillions of bushels of corn grown each year. You can't eat any of it. The process to turn that starch into corn syrup sounds like a recipe out of a meth lab. Anyway.
I have to think corn syrup is a big player in world fat content.
Cheap, available, dense sugar. And we use it in everything.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Coincidentally, I just stopped drinking soda and am trying to eat better - great to hear of everyone's success. So far, all I have out of it is a headache, maybe a little or alot of weight loss will make it easier to navigate the work shop/closet, you think?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Coincidentally, I just stopped drinking soda and am trying to eat better - great to hear of everyone's success. So far, all I have out of it is a headache, maybe a little or alot of weight loss will make it easier to navigate the work shop/closet, you think?
You should notice a gain in your energy level, which helps with any work area
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM

This time of year with the weather heating up and the humidity building, I consume about 4+ litres of water each day. If I do exercise that goes up to 6+ litres.
It's surprising how good it'll make you feel. We humans are pretty useless at keeping our hydration levels healthy and drinking the right liquids.