talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 AM

Default Alien or Mermaid, Greenland

My wife showed me this this morning

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Alien or Mermaid, Greenland

I'm going with "elaborate hoax". I think I know all the research submarines in the world (there aren't very many), and I don't know any that look anything like that one. It's all the wrong shape, and the glass is huge. There's only one sub that has that much glass, and that's the Johnson Sealink, but it doesn't look like that.

But cool video, nonetheless!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 AM

I guessed as much, Potosan.
Cool video none the less..and we never know for sure what's lurking in the depths of our oceans
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:22 AM

Naah! It's a Koala in a wet suit.

Regards,

Rob
Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I'm going with "elaborate hoax". I think I know all the research submarines in the world (there aren't very many), and I don't know any that look anything like that one. It's all the wrong shape, and the glass is huge. There's only one sub that has that much glass, and that's the Johnson Sealink, but it doesn't look like that.

But cool video, nonetheless!
Thanks Peter, Thanks alot...
There goes Paul Marcel's dream of Megan Fox as his personal mermaid....
Once again, Science and Facts ruining it for the rest of us.....
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Here is some much better footage:

Real Mermaids Swimming Together! - YouTube

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
Thanks Peter, Thanks alot...
There goes Paul Marcel's dream of Megan Fox as his personal mermaid....
Once again, Science and Facts ruining it for the rest of us.....
You did that to get me to crawl out of my cave, didntchya? Well it worked and I don't see Megan in the image.. unless I close my eyes

So, speaking of the mermaid, I write a mapping application at my day job. My boss, also a woodworker, also teases me about Megan. I recently added a feature to the application to use custom tile sets. To tease me, he took a photo of Megan, geolocated her on Les Grands Tetons (strategically), then ran the geo-TIFF image through a tile mill. So with that tile set loaded and you casually browse to Wyoming at around zoom level 10... poof, awesome crop circles.

This boss is a keeper...
Old 06-10-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
You did that to get me to crawl out of my cave, didntchya? Well it worked and I don't see Megan in the image.. unless I close my eyes

So, speaking of the mermaid, I write a mapping application at my day job. My boss, also a woodworker, also teases me about Megan. I recently added a feature to the application to use custom tile sets. To tease me, he took a photo of Megan, geolocated her on Les Grands Tetons (strategically), then ran the geo-TIFF image through a tile mill. So with that tile set loaded and you casually browse to Wyoming at around zoom level 10... poof, awesome crop circles.

This boss is a keeper...
I believe that is known as an ENABLER....just saying