talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Hey, Hey, My, My.

I'm just glad the election is over. I wasn't to the point of crying about it like the little girl who was caught on video balling about both candidates to her mother, but one could come close at times I suppose-
Now on to the ever growing Petraeus scandal with its cast of ,,,, dozens.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post

... Now on to the ever growing Petraeus scandal with its cast of ,,,, dozens.
I have just sold my TVs and cancelled my newpapers and magazines (except woodworking related).

Already, my blood pressure has gone down thirty points.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I have just sold my TVs and cancelled my newpapers and magazines (except woodworking related).

Already, my blood pressure has gone down thirty points.

I don't get it... Isn't this just backwards? Shouldn't you have sold you TVs and canceled your newspapers and such during the height of the campaign season, and only now feel safe enough to purchase a new TV and resubscribe? I know that we were on the verge of canceling our home phone service -- sure has been quiet since the election.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post

I don't get it... Isn't this just backwards? Shouldn't you have sold your TVs and canceled your newspapers and such during the height of the campaign season, and only now feel safe enough to purchase a new TV and resubscribe? I know that we were on the verge of canceling our home phone service -- sure has been quiet since the election.
Corwin, haven't you heard? The media are now beginning coverage on the 2016 election. Apparently, from now on it will ALWAYS be campaign season.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Corwin, haven't you heard? The media are now beginning coverage on the 2016 election. Apparently, from now on it will ALWAYS be campaign season.

Yipes, that is truly scary!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecloud View Post

Yipes, that is truly scary!

I'd like to see all campaigning limited to one month before any election. Of course voters would only have a chance to listen to each ad or speech a few thousand times instead of a few million, but we can all become better informed by doing our own research anyway.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see all campaigning limited to one month before any election. Of course voters would only have a chance to listen to each ad or speech a few thousand times instead of a few million, but we can all become better informed by doing our own research anyway.

do you think anyone could put up with a short few weeks of campaigning, with little to no TV ads to show off. The 'industry' of political professionals would fight this to death as there's too much money and salaries involved now. We can only look at other countries short campaigns and election with some envy at this point. I don't see how to steer the large ship in a different direction.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
do you think anyone could put up with a short few weeks of campaigning, with little to no TV ads to show off. The 'industry' of political professionals would fight this to death as there's too much money and salaries involved now. We can only look at other countries short campaigns and election with some envy at this point. I don't see how to steer the large ship in a different direction.
My fear is that nobody does....... or that perhaps it can't be done with this large a ship.