talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: Best Moments of WIA Pasadena

When we all sat down to eat at "The Old Place" on the first night, the waitress asked, "what kind of group is this?" Without hesitation, I responded, "the finest group of woodworkers in North America." I meant that not just as craftsmen, but as friends and brothers.

I can truly say I have never met such a nice group of people as I have in the woodworking community. I think the only "grump" I encountered all weekend was that first guy on Friday, (Peter remembers), but everyone else was really nice. Our group of talkFestoolers is a cut above the rest. Add a little wine, some great food and nothing could be better!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
When we all sat down to eat at "The Old Place" on the first night, the waitress asked, "what kind of group is this?" Without hesitation, I responded, "the finest group of woodworkers in North America." I meant that not just as craftsmen, but as friends and brothers.

I can truly say I have never met such a nice group of people as I have in the woodworking community. I think the only "grump" I encountered all weekend was that first guy on Friday, (Peter remembers), but everyone else was really nice. Our group of talkFestoolers is a cut above the rest. Add a little wine, some great food and nothing could be better!
Well, that was too bad. Wait a minute, I was there on Friday!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

No, Mike! It wasn't you!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 10-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

I know you, John, potosan, Jesse, Paul-marcel, and flair by face. Can you put a face to the names for me?

John Economaki - Founder and Pres. Bridge City Tool Works (left) and Roger Savatteri

Left to right: Chris Wong, John Raftery, Brian Tracey, Lee Marshall - Knew Concepts, Brian Meek - Knew Concepts

Left to Right: John Raftery, Rutager West, Michael Berg (the real brains behind Bridge City Tool Works )
Peter Franks, Paul-Marcel St-Onge, Brian Tracey, John Economaki

Old 10-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

And in that last photo - along with all the people - is a mess of really tasty Mexican food that John brought to Roger's studio to feed the assembled masses of hungry woodworkers.

Man! What a studio Roger has. I'm insanely envious. It's not only a really cool space, it's in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in California.

And then there's his tools...
Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post

... Our group of talkFestoolers is a cut above the rest. Add a little wine, some great food and nothing could be better!
I'll second that!