talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 AM

Default Re: A massive thankyou!

Thanks Rutager!
Yes, fine tools can be addictive and I'm going to enjoy that part of owning and using these BCTW tools. Of course, they will be put to work just like my other hand tools. I do feel tools made to these high standards have an effect on the work that's being done..as I said before, their presence on the bench somehow demands it.
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Okami,

You're welcome, now you can see and feel what us crazy tool hoarding freaks live for.

The CT-12, in my opinion is the nicest all around BCTW bench plane. It has the articulated cap iron and the inlayed cheek beneath the front tote.

Look forward to seeing your best work,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Last batch of thumbnails
Okami,

It is hard for me to think of another craftsman on this board that would be more deserving of these tools. I do not by any means mean to demean anyone on here because we have some great woodworker's. I just mean that between your talent and inability to buy tools like this you are a perfect choice. Now I cannot wait to hear about your first couple of projects where you also use these tools and see if they make any difference in the quality of your work or the enjoyment of your work.

Rather than explain what these tools do for me, I want to hear what your opinion is as you are a far superior woodworker than I am. I hope to catch up at some point but who knows. The coolest thing to me is that the journey there is worth everything.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 PM

Okami -

Well worth the inspiration we get from your work. Keep posting and we'll keep drooling.

Glad you like the tools -

neil