talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Founding Member

Default Congratulations to Peter for his Pop Wood Winning Article

Hey Guys,

Peter was one of the winners of the Popular Woodworking End Grain contest. He submitted an article entitled "Someone Stop Me". Now we just have to ask him to post what he wrote. Awesome job Peter!!!!!

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Congratulations to Peter for his Pop Wood Winning Article

Kudos to you, Peter.

Please post it.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

How cool is that?!? I didn't even know until this thread!

John, I'm going to wait to post it, in case there are copyright issues. We may all have to wait to read it in PWW...

Thanks, Fred, for posting this! What a treat to find out!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
How cool is that?!? I didn't even know until this thread!

John, I'm going to wait to post it, in case there are copyright issues. We may all have to wait to read it in PWW...

Thanks, Fred, for posting this! What a treat to find out!
Pulows,

You are quite welcome. However, since you are the author I am not sure that I am following the copyright issue. Maybe instead of putting in a link, cut and paste the actual article????

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Often the publisher requires that the author transfer the copyright in order to publish (this is typical in science). So if I were to post it now, I might not be able to publish it. You're probably not going to see it in PWW for quite a while (like, a year at least) I'd guess.

I'll ask Megan if I can post it here.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 AM

Fred,

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want the article published on the Internet before it goes to press. So instead maybe you could write what you think Peter might have wrote for our amusement. Or maybe we can each supply a sentence.

I'll start: There is a guy in PA that can't stop buying tools "Someone Stop Me" if you've heard this story already.

Okay, next sentence.

Rutager
Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 AM

Then one day, he put his ear to the bulkhead, searching for the source of the song which had triggered his impulse to own tool steel.
"It's in the FRAKKING ship!" he exclaimed.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 AM

Unbeknownst to the captain, members of the crew were also answering the call of the siren song, and the ship's waterline kept creeping upwards after every port of call.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 AM

Alors Pierre, c'est tres bien.

Regards,

Rowbear