talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Woodworkers Cafe (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworkers-cafe/)
-   -   Congratulations to Peter for his Pop Wood Winning Article (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/woodworkers-cafe/5278-congratulations-peter-his-pop-wood-winning.html)

FredWest 04-01-2012 07:29 PM

Congratulations to Peter for his Pop Wood Winning Article

Hey Guys,

Peter was one of the winners of the Popular Woodworking End Grain contest. He submitted an article entitled "Someone Stop Me". Now we just have to ask him to post what he wrote.:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: Awesome job Peter!!!!!

Fred

joraft 04-01-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Congratulations to Peter for his Pop Wood Winning Article

Kudos to you, Peter. :thumbsup2:

Please post it.

Poto 04-01-2012 09:10 PM

How cool is that?!? I didn't even know until this thread!

John, I'm going to wait to post it, in case there are copyright issues. We may all have to wait to read it in PWW...

Thanks, Fred, for posting this! What a treat to find out!

FredWest 04-01-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 79648)
How cool is that?!? I didn't even know until this thread!

John, I'm going to wait to post it, in case there are copyright issues. We may all have to wait to read it in PWW...

Thanks, Fred, for posting this! What a treat to find out!

Pulows,

You are quite welcome. However, since you are the author I am not sure that I am following the copyright issue. Maybe instead of putting in a link, cut and paste the actual article????Big eekBIG Big GrinBig eekBIG Big Grin

Fred

Poto 04-01-2012 10:23 PM

Often the publisher requires that the author transfer the copyright in order to publish (this is typical in science). So if I were to post it now, I might not be able to publish it. You're probably not going to see it in PWW for quite a while (like, a year at least) I'd guess.

I'll ask Megan if I can post it here.

rutager 04-02-2012 03:19 AM

Fred,

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want the article published on the Internet before it goes to press. So instead maybe you could write what you think Peter might have wrote for our amusement. Or maybe we can each supply a sentence.

I'll start: There is a guy in PA that can't stop buying tools "Someone Stop Me" if you've heard this story already.

Okay, next sentence.

Rutager

Poto 04-02-2012 03:44 AM

:Laughing2:

:popcorn:

RWeber 04-02-2012 04:00 AM

Then one day, he put his ear to the bulkhead, searching for the source of the song which had triggered his impulse to own tool steel.
"It's in the FRAKKING ship!" he exclaimed.

CharlesWilson 04-02-2012 05:25 AM

Unbeknownst to the captain, members of the crew were also answering the call of the siren song, and the ship's waterline kept creeping upwards after every port of call.

Ausrob 04-02-2012 06:18 AM

Alors Pierre, c'est tres bien.

Regards,

Rowbear