talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone get a ticket?

Today starts the oral arguments in what is bound to be a history making Supreme Court case.

There are only around 400 seats for spectators, and tickets are extremely hard to come by. Even my best scalpers ticket services couldn't help me.

Anyone going?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone get a ticket?

Nope, I'm off later this week for something dearer to my heart. Intro Class to Festool in Ind. 2 days of hopefully learning how wrong I've been doing stuff and how to correct it...
Can't wait for Thursday.....
Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post

Nope, I'm off later this week for something dearer to my heart. Intro Class to Festool in Ind ...
Let's see, a history making Supreme Court decision or an Intro Festool class.

I can see where that would be a hard choice.

(Have a good time at the class, everyone says they're great.)

Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Let's see, a history making Supreme Court decision or an Intro Festool class.

I can see where that would be a hard choice.

(Have a good time at the class, everyone says they're great.)

Thank you, I plan on it
Old 03-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Having been to both cabinet class and router class in Lebanon, I have to add that there is no way that you won't have a great time! The class is great and Festool does a great job of hosting. Brian, Rick & Steve shared the instruction; Minnie arranged for food and Shane was there to make sure Brian stayed in line. We even got to meet some of the other executives from the US & Germany who were there.

And, you get a T-shirt, too! (Mine was in the laundry basket and the cat had kittens on it.)

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Having been to both cabinet class and router class in Lebanon, I have to add that there is no way that you won't have a great time! The class is great and Festool does a great job of hosting. Brian, Rick & Steve shared the instruction; Minnie arranged for food and Shane was there to make sure Brian stayed in line. We even got to meet some of the other executives from the US & Germany who were there.

And, you get a T-shirt, too! (Mine was in the laundry basket and the cat had kittens on it.)
Sounds great. Couple of questions Alex, Map Quest shows about 18 miles between the Hotel[ Fairfeld on 86th St] that Festool is reserving for me, and the HQ in Lebanon. Does that sound right?
Since I won't get to my Hotel till around 7 or 8 tonight, I'm thinking I need to drive the route from it to Festool so I don't get lost in the morning.
Or do they provide a shuttle bus from the Hotel to Festool?
Thanks for any info you can provide
Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
Sounds great. Couple of questions Alex, Map Quest shows about 18 miles between the Hotel[ Fairfeld on 86th St] that Festool is reserving for me, and the HQ in Lebanon. Does that sound right?
Since I won't get to my Hotel till around 7 or 8 tonight, I'm thinking I need to drive the route from it to Festool so I don't get lost in the morning.
Or do they provide a shuttle bus from the Hotel to Festool?
Thanks for any info you can provide
Brian will come pick you up. Another great way for Festool to get a pulse of their tool users - in the confines of a vehicle.

I had a blast being around Brian for 3 days at JLC last week.

Have a BLAST! If Minnie is there, say hi from me.

Peter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

They give you round trip each day of class. I elected to drive myself on the last day as I wanted to start my 700-mile journey West right after class. The first evening of class, they provided BBQ ribs cooked on the grill in the courtyard at Festool.

There are also several nice restaurants in the plaza north of the hotel and Woodcraft and Rockler stores are both within a 15 minute drive, barring traffic.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
They give you round trip each day of class. I elected to drive myself on the last day as I wanted to start my 700-mile journey West right after class. The first evening of class, they provided BBQ ribs cooked on the grill in the courtyard at Festool.

There are also several nice restaurants in the plaza north of the hotel and Woodcraft and Rockler stores are both within a 15 minute drive, barring traffic.
Thanks for all the good info. Class so far has been very detailed on the Track Saw, the guides and all their clamp-on buddies like the parallel guides. Finally got to use the Kapex for an extended time along with the UG stand.
Tomorrow brings us to the Domino and other tools. Tonight we ate at Romano's Restaurant courtesy of Festool. Good group of a class. Several engineers, Patent Attorney , Contractor for Govt. Buildings, and me.
I suspect several people will be buying more Green after this class is over.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Say "Hi" to Brian, Rick, Minnie, Shane and the others for me! I wish I could get back there for another class!