talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Default An icon has passed.

It is with the saddest heart that I must pass on the following news. Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects including: Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never really knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half baked schemes. despite being a little flaky at times, he was still a crusty old man and was considered a roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, and their two children, John Dough and Jane Dough. His wife, Play Dough, also had a bun in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart, and an estranged brother on the west coast, Sour Dough. The services were held at 3:50 PM for about twenty minutes.

He will be missed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: An icon has passed.

Too fun, Colin! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Sniff, sniff... He will be missed!

Sara Lee
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Wow, if he was 71, how much younger is his wife since she's got a 'bun in the oven' ?
These celebrities, with their younger wives... Oh wait, my Dad remarried in 1979 to someone 25 yrs younger than him....
Never Mind....
Old 03-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Sounds a little flaky to me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecloud View Post
Sounds a little flaky to me.
Tis a shame about Doughboy. He must not have been a smart cookie as at 71 he was still called Doughboy instead the vaunted Doughman.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Did he catch that yeast infection when he croissanted paths with a little wiener?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Score! Nice one, Alex!

You know he only worked at Pillsbury because he kneaded the dough. He used to be a flour child.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM

He was a rye guy on a roll when he heard that Royce rolls. He tried to grab her little bun.
After the cops grilled him he was toast.
Don't forget to send flours.
He had more bread than Fred.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 PM

I remember him like it was only yeasterday.