talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: 2011/09/30 - WIA 2011!

The tFer's that happened to be in the booth at the time. I tried several times to capture Fred's image but it seemed to lock-up my camera...

"Hello, would you like a JMP demonstration?"

"Yes, I would like to learn more about the JMP."

"Oh, there's a camera -- I'll pose while I push".

"Laurie, shouldn't you be watching what you are doing???"

"Whoops, I just made a squiggle finger -- do you have a band-aid?"

"Paul, I'm sorry but if your sales don't improve I'll have to send you back down to Pee-Wee hockey."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Ron, everyone I've ever met from talkFestool has been very nice, so I was not surprised when I met you, Laurie, Randy, Jesse and Chris for the first time.

And I agree about Laurie's eyes, and then there's that amazing energy!

An absolutely WONDERFUL group of people (even better in person) that I am grateful to know.

(Oh, yeah -- THOSE EYES!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: WIA 2011

Thursday evening many of us got to finally try what Cincinnati calls chili. I think for most of us once will be enough.

Left to Right: Neil C., Craig Feuerzeig, Bill Davis, Fred West, Mike Peters, Michael Kellough,
Peter Franks, Tico Vogt.

I think the theory is that if you pile enough cheese on anything it will taste good.

My big thrill of the evening was that I got to ride in Winnie.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
What a beautiful day! A little cool, but not a cloud in the sky.

Fred and I are going to help some of the guys with setting up.

I'm keeping an eye out for the arrival of the BCTW Dream Team. If I can get through the mob, maybe I can get an autograph or two.

For some reason that never occurred to me. Perhaps you could get the team to autograph the post-earth quake detector that Laurie make for me?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:

I think the theory is that if you pile enough cheese on anything it will taste good.
Cinci is MUCH too far away from the southern U.S. border for Mexican food (I think). They should be able to get chili right but I know from many trips there they've got good ribs and steaks -- of course maybe I was always influenced by the bourbon whiskies.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeber View Post

8: I think WKRP must have been fictional. I don't even see a Loni Anderson or Johnny Fever billboard anywhere. Cinci is actually a very nice looking place.
Here is a little tidbit for you that doesn't get mentioned very often. Do you have any idea how close I came to having Loni Anderson as my aunt? It's been too many years to remember the full story and whether or not they were actually engaged, but she and my uncle were seriously dating before she decided to split for Hollywood. (It's a family secret that doesn't get mentioned very much, not even when the media tries to research her past.) I have seen the ancient family pictures of her before she "miraculously" became a permanent blond.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:13 PM

One of the engineers I used to work with grew up a few miles north of me. He spent lots of time growing up at his life long best friend's house playing & hanging out. He said the friend's snot nosed little sister (7 years younger) was always pestering them, wanting to play, wanting to do whatever they were doing, etc., etc. They always found excuses to get rid of her or tell the mother she was bothering them. That snot nosed little sister grew up to be Sharon Stone! Who'd of thunk???
Old 10-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Nice seeing some friends from last year and meeting new ones this year.

Ron - sorry I missed meeting you. I heard you snuck in, emptied your wallet and ran for the car.

Things I learned:

1. John buys awesome Kentucky bourbon. Woodford Reserve is awfully smooth. But still more than we can consume in a night.
2. Fred is even more generous (and genuine) in person than he is online. Thanks for dinner Fred.
3. Rutager is the reason none of the rest of us can get BCTW tools. He is on autopay for multiples. With a speed dial to BCTW.
4. Adjustable stands mean Peter's JMP is at a VERY different height than John's JMP.
5. Paul-Marcel performs even when there is no camera. Who knew?!
6. Fred and Craig and Michael and I talked about Winnie's engine till way too late in the evening. I learned too much about a Dodge 400 and lean gas. Or maybe it was the timing that Craig adjusted while Michael was driving. John suggested injecting propane into the carb as a test. They'll probably drop the engine in the parking lot just to figure it out. I was thinking the reason Winnie doesn't climb hills is Craig needs to cut holes in the floor for his feet and Michael's feet.
7. Massoud has some amazing stories about past jobs that are classified. Something about mesh-network based defense systems. Thankfully he didn't share enough that he would have to censor any of us.
8. Laurie needs more curiosity and energy around woodworking. She's just too laid back.
9. Randy has some awesome pens he turned on an 8' bed lathe. But the pens are only 8" long. I'm lobbying for bigger ones.
10. Toolmakers like Conrad Sauer, Jameel, Ron Breese, Tico, John E and many others inspire all of us to push ourselves with work that reflects the tools and their personalities.

Thanks all -

neil

Last edited by neilc; 10-02-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 AM

(I forgot to post a very important picture.)

"Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's??? Should I buy one of these assembled JMP's???"
Old 10-02-2011, 02:17 AM

John was pressuring me to pull a Rutager, add to my collection and take it home with me in my car.

I hope Peter found room in his carry-on for it!