talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Lie-Nielson TOOLWORKS Hand tool event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
It does, and it is. And Ron's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Well worth spending money on.
Wow. Now I really can't wait to try one. Thanks a lot! You just cost me $2000!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Cheap, for a hand-made plane. He's undercharging. Wait 'till you heft one. WOW! :sdrool:
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordaroys View Post
You know what our problem is? We don't even know what a "perfectly tuned" plane feels like! We have several that I use all the time. I really feel like I'm getting more and more productive with them. In fact, I can't imagine how I survived so long without 'em, but for all I know they could all have incorrect blades in them or they could be upside down! We thoroughly researched sharpening and tuning and we've applied the knowledge, but in the hand plane world that's like first grade. What I really want to use is a Ron Breeze plane. For 2000 bucks that sucker must do some miraculous things as well as being beautiful.
Byron,

I have a couple of planes by Ron Brese and they are superb. He is also a fantastic sharpener and will also tune up blades for you. As Peter mentioned he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I hope that you have a great time.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 AM

Man, we are really looking forward to this event as well as meeting Ron after hearing all of these great comments. Can't wait to feel how a nice plane cuts. Hope they don't accept credit cards at this thing! Yeah right!