talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 AM

Smile Systainers

I was reading Timmy C's post about creative uses for Systainers on Tool Storage Board and I think it did get my creative juices flowing.

My son, Isaiah, is 6 months old so much of the time his wishes are my commands. So I got to thinking how could I still be a good Dad but at the same time get some of my needs met?

The out of the blue it hit me. It was the best damn idea I've had in a long time. May I present the Infantainer. You won't see me carrying around any Winnie the Pooh diaper bags from this day forward.

Honey, I'm headed to Lincoln tommorrow to do some serious shopping for out son!
Attached Thumbnails
systainers-infantanier.jpg  
Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 AM

Ha, good idea. And it's a TS (55/75) systainer. Hopefully with the outside labels still on it. No one would ever guess what's inside.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwas View Post
Ha, good idea. And it's a TS (55/75) systainer. Hopefully with the outside labels still on it. No one would ever guess what's inside.
Exactly, Steve. We are definitely thinking alike.

D
Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

I'm not really qualified to comment since I don't have kids but don't you think Isaiah would appreciate a little padding in there and maybe some air holes?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
A Festool User First

Send a message via AIM to TimmyC Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyC Send a message via Skype™ to TimmyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
I'm not really qualified to comment since I don't have kids but don't you think Isaiah would appreciate a little padding in there and maybe some air holes?
Now that is funny!!! It is so nice to be able to laugh out loud in the morning while reading an internet tool forum!

t
Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
Micheal,

For not having kids you're parenting instincts are excellent. Isaiah and I send our thanks for thinking about his comfort (and air supply).

Yes, absolutely! A Foam insert set, item number 487 427, would be just the ticket. I think I need a SYS 5 for actual baby transport. I think he's out grown the SYS 4 already.

Darrin
Old 08-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Of course they're NAINA, but Tanos makes Systainer extensions to effectively make the Systainer 5 into a 6, as Isaiah grows.

Soon after that is insufficient, you'd both probably enjoy a Sys 3 (for him to sit on top of) on Sysport wheels so you can pull him along via a tether and he can enjoy the view and you can save your arm.

Glad I can be helpful
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
A Festool User First

Send a message via AIM to TimmyC Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyC Send a message via Skype™ to TimmyC
Default Isaiah Travel Package

This would of course still need holes drilled as Michael suggests. It may serve as Isaiah's gear box more than "travel compartment."

Festool Maxisystainer Festool #490701

Last edited by TimmyC; 08-02-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Listing Item and Festool #
Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM

I was going to suggest the Maxitainer as Isaiah's chassis but I'm not sure wheels are available for the 2X footprint.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Hey, you guys are staring to give me alot of great ideas!

Definitely the Systainer cart wheels with the SYS 3 and Maxisystainer "gear box" or three for his junk. He's going to be one FestoolStylin' kid

Now if I can talk Mom into a couple of Sys-Ports outfitted with Systainers in his bedroom for all his stuff that would be superb.

Tim, I may need you to start working on Mom about only having the best for her prescious son.

Darrin