talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Rick Christopherson Road Trip

Rick stopped by today as he was tooling around Florida on his big assed Honda.

We had a nice gab, and lunch before he hit the road.

He left me one of these,

Attachment 1393

But no drill tho! Oh well, next time..................

Jay

Last edited by JayKnoll; 07-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Rick Christopherson Road Trip

I hope you counted your Festools after he left....

So what's he look like? Can you see his reflection in a mirror? Did he have a cat?

And who's looking after his shop while he's gone (and where does he live)?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I hope you counted your Festools after he left....
No Peter, unlike you I actually do have have scruples, and would never even contemplate taking advantage of a fellow woodworker for my own personal gain......not to mention that I actually already have tools, and don't go dumpster diving behind my neighbors house while I walk the dog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
And who's looking after his shop while he's gone (and where does he live)?
Jay, didn't I tell you last week that Poto was unscrupulous and would go to any lengths to find out where my NAINA's were located. Just to refresh your memory on how tightly I pegged our aquatic little bottom-feeding friend, here is a copy of the PM exchange leading up to my trip:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll
Where are you driving from?
Do you have any idea what the bounty is on my NAINA's right now, and how many people want to know where they are secreted away? If I simply told you where I was, it would put your life in danger too.
No, it is not a secret. Anyone that wanted to find out, could tell I was from the Kingdom of Narnia (name withheld for reasons of "Poto"). Poto just never bothers to look very hard.
And you thought I was only joking when I said your life would be in danger if I told you where my shop was.....These bottom-feeding plankton lovers will stop at nothing to feed their need.

Last edited by RickChristopherson; 04-07-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Inactive Member

Jay, you have such an incredibly attractive house I would like to show my wife how nice it is. Could you post some pictures of your living room, kitchen, and the front view of your house so she can see them. It was so cool.

If you are shy, then just email them.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM

Rick

Thanks for the compliment! Here are some pics, I apologize to those of you who may have already seen some, but since Rick spent 2 hours on a bike to get to my house, and drove back in the rain I think I should honor his request.

It is just a little 1500 sq foot "split plan" Florida house but we like it.

Attachment 1401

Attachment 1402

Attachment 1403

Attachment 1404

Attachment 1405

Attachment 1406

Attachment 1407

Thanks again for the visit Rick, and Poto, think 6'2" Swede, just the type that you'd like to have along as a wing man when you were cruising college bars in your youth.

Jay

Last edited by JayKnoll; 07-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Jay! What a beautiful house. I love the "live edge" on the granite in the kitchen. Did you come up with the design ideas yourself, or did you work with someone? Great wall separating the kitchen and livingroom (if I've navigated right).

Thanks so much for posting. I think it's time you made a trip to San Diego and gave me some design ideas out here!

And when I think of 6'2" Swedes, I'm afraid that Rick is not on my list...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Jay, what Poto said.

You've got a very nice home there. Thanks for the pics.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

By the way, I think my barstools would look really nice at the bar in your kitchen...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Peter

Send them out! I'll pay the shipping.

Most of the ideas are ours, but we do have a designer we call on from time to time to umpire when LOML and I are at an impasse. For example, I wanted to build the tall cabinets on each side of the dining room table, Linda couldn't get her head around the concept even when I did drawings. Brought in the outside expert and she convinced L in a minute.

The red wall didn't go up to the ceiling when we bought the house, (and there used to be a pocket door which give one a lovely view of the kitchen sink as soon as you entered the front door, that had to go! Then as part of the kitchen remodel we wanted to take the existing wall up to the ceiling. We were getting lots of suggestions about arches, I didn't like the idea but couldn't figure out why, back to the designer, she said great idea but forget the arch, you don't have anything else that is curved in this house, don't start now. So I laid out the "windows" as golden rectangles, and stepped them down from the ceiling by a distance equal to the rectangle's short side (boy is that a crummy sentence but I'm not going to try to clean it up) I think you get the idea.

The granite was a mutual decision, real trip watching them put it in, it is held onto the wall with liquid nails.

Jay
Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Great looking home with excellent use of the space.