talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Sam Maloof Home & Shop! tour

Okay, drum roll, the long awaited tour date is here. I've set the tour up for April the 4th (a Saturday) at 10:30 am. The cost will be $15/person. On the regular tour, the shops are not open. Since I told the lady we were a woodworking group, she told me we'd get to go through the shops. If Sam is there that day, it's likely he'll take us through the shop. If not she said she'd open it up and take us through herself.

I need folks to start letting me know if they would like to attend. The very nice lady I spoke with is also sending me a list of local restaurants so that if we're hungry or thirsty when we get through, we'll be able to take care of that problem.

A great opportunity to meet your fellow Festoolian and see some great woodworking. Spread the word, and please get back to me with the numbers in your party. They need to know how many docents to have on hand.

Looking for a good time,

Mike

PS I'll start building a list on this thread, so that people can see if I've got their names on the list.

Someone want to put the info up on TOF? If so, please point them over to me.
Thanks.

Last edited by TahoeTwoBears; 02-21-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Sam Maloof Home & Shop! tour

I wish I could justify the trip to Cali for that! Could you get me cabinet job to build for someone out there? Then I can just plan the install for the first week of April!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Oh oh. I thought there was a ton of interest in doing this. It needs to be more than Sherry and I representing tF. You're scaring me...........
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Founding Member

Count me in.

My wife will be working that day, so it's just me.

Ned
Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Ned,

Would it help to move it to the following Sat.?

Mike
Old 02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Founding Member

No, we're booked pretty solid through April.

I won't mind going again, I think, and she's OK with missing the shop. Less happy about missing the company.

Ned
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Count us in!

I'm really looking forward to this trip.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Mike - I'm interested in going. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I may try to persuade another woodworking friend of mine to come along. The only drawback is the date - Gillian's birthday is that Friday, and we haven't quite figured out when the party is (probably the Saturday). But Gillian and Sharon have given me permission to arrive late at the party if I have to...

I believe that for a lot of schools Apr 4 is the beginning of spring break. Not sure if that makes a difference...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

I have plenty of free time and I'd love to tour Maloof's place, but, I have a big problem with the location.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

You know Michael - they have these great big things called "jets" that can travel at amazing speeds through the air! Yes, it's true! All you have to do is buy a ticket, and you're allowed to fly all over the country. It's amazing.

Try it out. Come to California. You'll enjoy it.

No need to thank me.