talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Lost Festool ...

Jay, I still have some 20 mm PVC pipe. Send me a PM and lets see what we can work out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

So searching on Google maps based on Ned's addresses, it looks like there are at least 3 Festool dealers within less than half a mile of my hotel. Guess where I'm going tomorrow!

Unfortunately, I don't really need anything. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe something NAINA so I can gloat at Rick or Fred?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 AM

You could get the new Lion Drill, but then it's only got bragging right for about a month.

How about the Vacuum Clamp System?

lost-festool-zoom__ae_vacsys_712223_p_03a.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
So searching on Google maps based on Ned's addresses, it looks like there are at least 3 Festool dealers within less than half a mile of my hotel. Guess where I'm going tomorrow!

Unfortunately, I don't really need anything. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe something NAINA so I can gloat at Rick or Fred?

Hi,

How about a Systainer extension aka - Telescope Frame #491631 easy to pack because it is an open rectangular frame. Or the Plug It Hose #493996 or 493998 get whichever one will fit ALL the tools and you can just change the male end when you get home if need be!

Seth
Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Founding Member

Here's some NAINA stuff that might make sense...

There's the Sys MAXI 2, a maxi systainer like the one we get in North America, but not as tall at 157.5 vs 210. I think it would be a better fit for a small rotohammer or sawzall. 84,66

There are several inserts for the mini systainers that have never been offered over here. News flash--the Festool USA website no longer shows the minis themselves. [While the minis aren't shown on the same web page with the other systainers, they are in the 2009 printed catalog and can be found by doing a search on the Festool USA website.] You might want to pick up some. There's a slightly taller version of the mini at 90mm vs 70mm that is useful.

Speaking of inserts, if you have a 4-1/2 inch grinder, you might look around for an insert for a Sys 2 that's made for it. Both DeWalt and Milwaukee will fit, so I think it's pretty universal for that tool.

You might see about how to recover the VAT. No idea how/if France does it, but I'd keep good receipts and find out how before I returned here.

Ned, who's envious.

Last edited by NedYoung; 01-26-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Corrected information.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 AM

Hi,

And speaking of NAINA stuff - get yourself some Plug It pig tail adapters!

Seth
Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

These are great suggestions, guys. Thanks! I'll let you know what transpires.

(Who says "transpires"? Geez!)
Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Photosan, Have you had the Bouillabaisse yet. A fishing friend of mine looked forward to having it as a high lite of his trip to France, When they took the lid off the tureen there was a big old Sea Robbin floating on top. He never told me what it tasted like. Maybe with the right wine.
Bob
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

I went to the Festool store yesterday - it's only 2 blocks from the conference center. It's owned by a charming woman, who clearly understands how men like expensive toys. I ended up buying a Plug-it pigtail, though I did eye the vacuum clamping set up that Steve mentioned. She also had a few Auriou rasps left over... I got some fun literature (in French) about Festools - much nicer than we get in the US. The woman's husband - who didn't speak English - drooled over my Festool watch. Glad I found it!

No, Bob, I haven't had the bouillabaise. I did have rouget (red snapper) last night. Two, in fact. They were each about 8 inches long - tiny things. Tonight I'm going to a tiny restaurant that's apparently quite special. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Anyone want me to buy the vacuum clamping system and bring it home for them? I don't think I'll need it, but it wouldn't be that big a deal to carry home. I might have to charge some transportation fees, but you could be the only one in NA (besides Rick of course) to have it!