talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Technical Content

Thanks for the offer Rick, was kinda waiting to see if we would get any offers like yours for Solidworks/Auto cad help , also sketch up concept drawings too. Again thanks for the offer and I am sure we will take you up on it.

Last edited by Admin; 01-22-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Sorry for the delay I got sidetracked with other projects, well I really don't see any consensus for a project so I will mull over the suggestions and post a design concept post in projects soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:08 PM

I thought Seth had the best idea - a saw holder for the MFT.

Simple and fits with some other thoughts of small accessories and it's actually Festool related.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM

I've got two projects that are waiting for me to work up enough ambition to get started on.

First is a cabinet w/ drawers and/or shelves that would slide over the base of my drill press to give me storage for drill bit sets, router bits, squares, rules, acessories, etc.

The other is a pair of sysport type cabinets that, when locked together would provide a base to set the MFT on that would raise the MFT to a more comfortable working height and would be the same height as the mft to provide an extension surface on each side of the MFT when split apart.

Fred
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM

I recently built a a cabinet for my air compressor. I had the new Dewalt right angle attatchment, and had to give it a try. I ended up using 2x4 for the rails and stiles of the doors, and 3/4 in. plywood for the panels of the doors. I thought 4 in. for the width would be too much for the look, so I did rip about about an in. or so off the width. I added a shelf using cleats below the cabinet for my nail guns. The sides of the cabinet taper down almost to the floor. I plann on adding a wind up air line reel at the lower half.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruegf View Post
First is a cabinet w/ drawers and/or shelves that would slide over the base of my drill press to give me storage for drill bit sets, router bits, squares, rules, acessories, etc.
Fred
Me too.

My drill press is sitting on a plywood base that fits the inside of an old HTC mobile table saw base.

The unit I've got in mind would fit under the drill press table, and be able to roll out from under it entirely. This means in my case that it needs to roll up on to the HTC base and off from there.

I'm interested in storage like what you've described, plus a place for alternate drill press tables like my compound vise.

Want to work on this, Fred? May be time for me to crank up SketchUp again.

Ned
Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedYoung View Post
Me too.

My drill press is sitting on a plywood base that fits the inside of an old HTC mobile table saw base.

The unit I've got in mind would fit under the drill press table, and be able to roll out from under it entirely. This means in my case that it needs to roll up on to the HTC base and off from there.

I'm interested in storage like what you've described, plus a place for alternate drill press tables like my compound vise.

Want to work on this, Fred? May be time for me to crank up SketchUp again.

Ned
Sounds good to me. That's exactly the type of thing I was thinking about. The only difference is that I don't have a mobile base under my drill press yet. Its definitely something I intend to build this year sometime.

Fred