talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 AM

Send a message via MSN to Garry
Default Re: Are we not posting because of the economy or.....

It's ski season here in Colorado, and on top of that, I've been in one of my semi-annual reading "frenzies" lately, so I've not had the computer on at night as much recently.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Are we not posting because of the economy or.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankPellow View Post
I feal the same way as Eiji, vteknical, and Macca. I have not seen enough technical information here re3cently to make it really interesting for me. I do drop in from time to time and read a few posts and even make a few comments, but there is rarely a lot that interests me.
I can tell most of the folks who came here from FOG that, in my opinion, FOG is a poorer place without you. I came over here to see what you were up to and will continue to visit.
It's ironic that I logged in after being away for a couple of months to see this thread. I dropped in to see if the mix had shifted back towards Festool-related content. Seeing that Woodworkers Cafe has over twice the postings as Festool tools is an eye-opener.

I posted here a few times only to see the thread quickly veer off course and digress into chatter between a few people. I think this is where the 'outsider' comments come from. It kind of feels like you started a conversation at a party, only to see it turn into the other parties chatting with each other as though you're not even there.

Back in early fall, I had the pleasure of meeting Fred, Timmy C and Randy at the FestoolJunkie fest in Lincoln. All of them couldn't have been nicer.
You are a great group of people, I'd love to shoot the breeze over a beer with any of you.

At the same time, I'd also like to learn and share some woodworking techniques.

Jim
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!