talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Founding Member

Default Merry Christmas to all of Yous!!!! :o) Was Santa good to you?

Santa must love me because I got some amazing presents of which the absolute best was having a large portion of the day with my beautiful daughter. Unfortunately,now I will not see her for six months as she is off with her boyfriend and his family to Morocco and the straight to Scotland for her semester abroad. I may have to whip my golf game in to shape and visit her.

To help me over this, however, Eleanor gave me two v-parting tools from Pfeil for my carving collection. My sister and her husband gave me a marking knife and scratch awl, a couple of dovetail chisels and some paring chisels from Blue Spruce with breathtaking cocobolo handles. :460: :460: :460: Finally my Dad and Step-Mom gave me a very nice gift card to Woodcraft so that I may expand my carving collection with more Pfeil tools.

It was truly a wonderful Christmas especially after the horrid beginning on Sunday. See new thread entitled "My little German Shepherd Girl"

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: Merry Christmas to all of Yous!!!! :o) Was Santa good to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post

It was truly a wonderful Christmas especially after the horrid beginning on Sunday. See new thread entitled "My little German Shepherd Girl"

Fred

?????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
?????
It is posted now.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 12-25-2008, 11:18 PM

I've had a rather nice little Christmas. Most fun has been watching my 1 1/2 year old daughter open and play with all her new toys from Grandpa and Grandma and her uncle. So cute.
I did get a $100 gift card for Woodcraft!!! I'm hoping to be able to use it towards a mini lathe, or maybe a Lie Nielson hand plane. We will see.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 AM

It went fine. This year I didnt have anything that I really wanted or needed; we get that way. More interested in seeing the kids have a memory than getting things. When pressed, I took a page out of a Dover catalog and said there, that's my list.
And I got 5 books off of it. Honestly, very cool. Nothing cures a creative funk like books on the topic.
My youngest, getting packed up this morning to go to grammas, is sitting on mamas shoulder in her coat, snuggled up, looks at me, and says sternly "not comin!". Oh, to be one. Guess she was going to be just fine if I didn't make the trip.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

We don't do heavy gifting for Christmas around here. I got a nice new shirt in the Family Tartan and some Carhartt bibb coveralls which will come in handy feeding the Bison with Global Cooling setting in. We do a "robber bingo" with the extended family and I got an assortment of BBQ sauce. That will come in handy when the wasting-wood-&-alcohol-season returns in spring.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 AM

My wife and I spent all of our money on the kids.

Really happy we did that as I feel very lucky to live in a nice home with a great family who are all healthy!

Merry Christmas everyone
Dan Clermont
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 AM

This Christmas really been different. While I have my usual laundry list of wants and a couple of needs (thermal socks) it became different in a great way as this is our one and only son's first Christmas.

Prior Christmases my wife and I would be very, very nice to each other with the presents but this year we had so much fun shopping for our son that we just sort of mututally decided to get each other a copy of small items. I did get my thermal socks which I guarantee you that I will find on my wife's feet the next time were in the single digits.

We got home tonight from my parents and my son and I spent some time with "Elmo Live". My son loves it but my dogs are a little bit freaked.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Founding Member

Hey Guys,

Thank you for your responses. The last few years I had my ex-fiance and her four younger kids here including two under 8 years old. Christmas was a blast with them and giving gifts at that point was much, much more important than receiving. However, it is now just me, the pups and my daughter who will be 21 in March. We had a great time but it is just not the same as when there are little ones running around.

So, the only thing I can do is drown myself in tools. Granted a weak second choice but I am learning to live with it.

Fred
Old 12-26-2008, 06:03 AM

Fred the Kapex, Harrold & saxon Package from You hasn't arrived yet...I expect the postie is late on delivering

No tools for me either, got a woolie hat (thats really tight ) and a tshirt. We're just happy to be healthy and living I guess
Christmas isn't celebrated as much here, as it is in the western world. New Year is more important, it seems.
Cheers!
Okami:tigersmile: