talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Hey Chris, I got your Bird Right Here!

Garry,

I am totally un-puckered, some times its useful for me to slip in the odd comment about the forum for newer members to read, I think Rick summed it up really, If a tight-assed technical writer with no apparent sense of humour can un-pucker here there is a chance for all of us

Colin.

ps Rick no doubt Fred will use this against you and ask you to pay for your t/f therapy in Festools NAINA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Founding Member

Rick, Garry--

I think you two are agreeing, but in loud voices.

As the great Timmy C would say, it's all good.

Ned
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:33 PM
A Festool User First

Send a message via AIM to TimmyC Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyC Send a message via Skype™ to TimmyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedYoung View Post
Rick, Garry--

I think you two are agreeing, but in loud voices.

As the great Timmy C would say, it's all good.

Ned
It is all good!

tF has indeed evolved into it's own persona; and it is truly refreshing that members can indeed be themselves over here!

I have been extremely busy with the Walko, and have not been as active on the forum as I would like to be... It is nice to see "unpuckeredness" from many members and "Ideas do flow freely around here."

Timmy C
Old 11-28-2008, 04:42 PM

I liked the idea of a PSB-300 for carving the turkey, probably little tearout, wouldn't use dust collection though.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Now, if you could just get your turkey flat, you could use the TS55 and the guide rails to get those perfectly straight slices. Maybe we need to breed rectangular turkeys...
Old 11-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtonya View Post
I liked the idea of a PSB-300 for carving the turkey, probably little tearout, wouldn't use dust collection though.
And you probably thought I was just kidding......I've already got the 493 656 blade.

You're right about the dust collection. I'm afraid that would just dry out the meat.
Attached Thumbnails
hey-chris-i-got-your-bird-carvingblade.jpg  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Inactive Member

Oops, that picture doesn't show the blade very well. It is the perfect thing for carving meat (and fingers). I was afraid I was going to slice my fingers getting it out of the package.
Attached Thumbnails
hey-chris-i-got-your-bird-blade.jpg  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Now, if you could just get your turkey flat, you could use the TS55 and the guide rails to get those perfectly straight slices. Maybe we need to breed rectangular turkeys...
Oh geez MashedPotato, get with the program here. Everyone knows that you wouldn't use a TS55 for cutting a bird--there would be too much wasted meat in the blade kerf.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Inactive Member

Hey, this is a new twist for this forum....A thread that started out off-topic gets twisted and contorted to actually talk Festool Tools?
Old 11-28-2008, 05:45 PM
A Festool User First

Send a message via AIM to TimmyC Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyC Send a message via Skype™ to TimmyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson View Post
Hey, this is a new twist for this forum....A thread that started out off-topic gets twisted and contorted to actually talk Festool Tools?
The Wave Form blade would be ideal for this! Small kerf, as well as no tear out! I would love to get this on video Rick.

I had a buddy of mine that wants me to dress his 3x3 buck that he got the other day with my PS 300? The carbide blades would be the answer for the Bones....agree?

We would need to make sure that PETA didn't get a hold of it though.

t