talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Woodworkers Cafe

Woodworkers Cafe General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 10:42 PM

Default Qwas Federal Bank

I want to start a bank. We need to put our heads together and figure out how to do it. I'm even open to renaming the bank to talkFestool Federal, just let me be a partner.

I've loaned out several thousand dollars to family and friends over the years and they have all defaulted on their loans. Qwas Federal Bank is going broke and is in desperate need of a mere $1 Billion. I'll even let the gummit hold stocks in Qwas Federal Bank or take over the bad loans.

I don't need the full $25 billion but if we get it, FREE Kapex to everyone who responds to this thread!

Poto wants to open a car factory. Too much hassle for me. Jets to maintain, etc. And what if his robots decide to rebel and take over the gummit??? Deep trouble.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Qwas Federal Bank

In my defense, I didn't say I'd actually build cars. Just start a company, and then when it's clear that we're not making money, ask for a bailout. I don't see the downside.

I'm happy to join you in the bank venture, though, Steve. With the two of us, it would be both coast-to-coast, and multinational (you being from Georgia and all). I've also loaned money to people who defaulted. I'm pretty sure $1billion would cover it...
Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Remember the Savings & Loan fiasco in the RR days? Anybody could start one and a lot of them ended up being taken over by the Feds. They say the government broke even after liquidation was finally completed last year.

But, sorry to bring bad news Steve, the deadline to become a Bank and qualify for the Big Bucks Bailout was about two weeks ago. I think AMEX was the last one in.

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 11-26-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 AM

Surely we'll see another round. It is the American way, after all. I say start a bank, and use the bank to finance the auto thing. Double dip on the next Uncle Sam's Giveaway Program.
Seriously though, I was as happy as it gets when the execs started getting grilled over corporate jet costs to tote them to Congress. Then the rummys went and gave them money anyway. Like we didn't pay enough when we bought the car, now we have to pay more to keep the parts supply going. Phooey.
Until we decide to put our foot down on this kind on nonsense, we the people will continue to spend beyond our means, as will our businesses, as will our government. The entitlement mentality, to me, is cancer.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I'd like to see the big three auto makers actually make some vehicles that people want to buy. Surely we shouldn't be rescuing companies that make prehistoric products, just because they're American. Seems to me that it's supply and demand that's killing them - a lack of vision.

That's why my car company's going to make cars that run on phytoplankton! I think that Hummer might already be looking into this, but I'm going to make a roadster version... The DIATOM...
Old 11-26-2008, 03:28 AM

Qwas,

I'd like to help you out the best way I can. I can easily default on some loans.... which would help you get your federal money....

How many loans do you think I need to default on to qualify for a Kapex??
Sure would be nice to have two... one for right hand cuts and one for left hand cuts...

I'll go to any length to help you out.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 AM

Wayne, As soon as I open the Bank you can be our first loan!

Take out a loan for a Kapex, Kapex table, and Saw Helper stand. There's your first one. Since you posted here, the second Kapex will come when the govt bails us out. :sdrool: :sdrool: :sdrool:
Old 11-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
...just because they're American...
Just for the record, there's no industry more North American than the car biz. A number of popular (and unpopular) "American" models are made only north of the 49th. Parts and product manufacture is a joint American, Canadian, and increasingly Mexican, effort. I suspect the UAW and CAW sing in harmony much more often than fight.

This change is gonna be wrenching for everyone.

Ned
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 AM

Steve,

Hey, thanks for letting me help you out...But I have to admit its a little selfish on my part...when I give of myself I always get that warm fuzzy feeling in return.... tears of joy...

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnagle View Post
Steve,

Hey, thanks for letting me help you out...But I have to admit its a little selfish on my part...when I give of myself I always get that warm fuzzy feeling in return.... tears of joy...
Well, thank you. Just remember this Billion dollar "bail out" is not to make any of us richer. No sir. It is to help pump our economy up, to help the world economy. It is our Civic duty to accept this "bail out". When I receive the bail out package, I promise to spend as much of it as I can, as fast as I can.