Old 11-22-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Amazing model!

Hats off to this guy

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Mirko
Old 11-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Amazing model!

That's truly amazing! And it's a real internal combustion engine, gear box, etc. Astounding.

And for more amazing miniatures, check out the back page of the latest Fine Woodworking. You won't notice what's special about it at first. But then you see his fingers. And the giant pencil. And the little shaving coming off the plane on the pencil...
Old 11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Perfect Little Angel

Cool Model, but he's a nut for doing it. Should probably spend some time down at the Salvation Army or something with his spare time. He's got 9 out of 10 traits of a serial killer, i'm sure.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
Cool Model, but he's a nut for doing it. Should probably spend some time down at the Salvation Army or something with his spare time. He's got 9 out of 10 traits of a serial killer, i'm sure.
I'm all for people helping people but anyone can do that kind of volunteer work
and very few can do what this man has done.

Talent should be expressed.

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 11-22-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

That is incredible! I had to watch the video several times.

Just think of the countless skills this guy had to learn to create such a car. What a sense of accomplishment he must have.

One question I have though, why not build it as a radio controlled model, so he could actually drive it? It must be kind of frustrating to just start it up and rev it for a while. He could even have little servos operating the pedals and the gear shift.

I'm guessing that little engine develops quite a bit of power. Now that would be fun to drive.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Perhaps a tiny robotic man to sit in the seat and drive. Would he have to make a tiny blond babe to go along for the ride, too?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
He's got 9 out of 10 traits of a serial killer, i'm sure.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Mirko,

Pardon the language but HOLY CRAP that is unbelievable. This guy is truly amazing and whether you think he is nuts or not for doing this it does not matter. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31