talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Parallel Guide

New One Time Tool from Woodpeckers:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2015, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Parallel Guide

This came across in my email this morning. It looks pretty nice and much easier to calibrate than the Festool version. Astonishingly, it is even more expensive than the Festool version.

I do like the fact that it can go into a systainer.

Last edited by twistsol; 05-08-2015 at 03:34 AM. Reason: stupid spell checker
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:07 PM

I am a big Woodpecker's fan (the workshop/closet looks like a Woodpecker Tools catalog display), but I think I'll put that money toward a new table saw.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Administrator

It looks nice, but at this point I'm not sure how much it would improve things over my Seneca guides so I'll pass.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

The nice thing about the Seneca system is it allows you to rip pieces that are narrower than the guide rail. I'm not sure this Woodpecker system will allow that. Can anyone enlighten me?

Other than that, it's very pretty...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
The nice thing about the Seneca system is it allows you to rip pieces that are narrower than the guide rail. I'm not sure this Woodpecker system will allow that. Can anyone enlighten me?

Other than that, it's very pretty...
I think it does allow you to do it, though they don't illustrate it well. It seems for cuts thinner than 10.5" it uses the rod style stop that hits the back of the wood and (I assume) will extend under the track for thinner strips. What isn't clear is how thin a stock you can cut while using that feature, doubt it will align well if the rod is thicker than the stock if beneath the guide rail. If anyone is buying this it would be good to get that detail clarified from Woodpecker. OneTime Tool - Parallel Guide System
Old 05-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post

If anyone is buying this it would be good to get that detail clarified from Woodpecker.
Richard use to drop by here to answer questions, don't know if that's still the case.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I am a big Woodpecker's fan (the workshop/closet looks like a Woodpecker Tools catalog display), but I think I'll put that money toward a new table saw.
Yep, love my woodpeckers gear, but won't be going for this. Table saw all day long for repetitive cuts in my shop. Working mobile or no space, these things look great. But I'd probably still make my own.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

You still running that shiny old Northfield, Okami?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 05-08-2015, 04:18 AM

What a saw!