talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 03:26 AM

Default How about a new clamp for t track?

Here is my suggestion for the next woodpeckers one-time tool (I have seen Richard on this forum, maybe he doesn't mind a suggestion):

Low profile horizontal action quick clamp that fits t track - would be great, wouldn't it?

Same type of action as the Festool quick clamps
Work Table Clamping Elements 2-Pack 488030 - Festool Power Tools - I think these Festool clamps are great, but I don't always have the MFT available.

Low profile cam action type quick clamps, with a profile of about 5/8 inch - clamp pieces for sanding, planing, all using a standard t track connection - would be a great addition to the clamps and tracks sold by Woodpeckers. Anyone else think this would be a good idea? I have a bench that I recently put t track in the surface - real handy.

No commission necessary, just send me my first set free, then I will buy more just to feel like I didn't get left out of a one-time tool opportunity.

Last edited by Paul; 03-31-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 AM

Default Re: How about a new clamp for t track?

I like that idea.

Rich
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 PM

OK guys - chime in here - if the boss thinks it might be a good idea then all we have to do is line up with our credit cards - another one time tool that I can't live without may appear!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Are you guys thinking in terms of embedding the track in a work bench or something else? I know some folks frown on permanently installing a track in a bench top.

I suppose this low profile clamp could be used in conjunction with the Super Track which could then be independently and temporarily attached to the bench.

Thoughts?

Rich
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Paul,
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was talking over you. Rereading your original post I see you already embedded track in your bench. Sometimes I don't read everything before jumping to a response.

Rich
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 AM

I have a non-traditional bench that I recently changed to have track embedded in the top surface and front surface. Wierd, perhaps, but it works for me. Although, I think it would work just as well with super track jigs clamped to a traditional surface, etc., in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 AM

I plan on putting a track in my Roubo. However, I use many work surfaces more than I should. I use my router table to assemble and cut on and it would be nice to be able to use the table with more effectiveness.

btw, off topic, I love the box clamps. I picked up another 6 at the recent wood show.