talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default New "straddle square"

Well, Woodpecker has done it again! This thing looks wonderful! It's a saddle square that covers three sides of a piece of wood - eliminating any error introduced by moving a regular square or saddle square. Brilliant!

I just wish they'd make one with sides angled at 45 degrees for doing miters.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Default Re: New "straddle square"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Well, Woodpecker has done it again! This thing looks wonderful! It's a saddle square that covers three sides of a piece of wood - eliminating any error introduced by moving a regular square or saddle square. Brilliant!

I just wish they'd make one with sides angled at 45 degrees for doing miters.
Thanks for the comment. If I'd of had time I'd have made a 45 degree version. I need one for a house I'm remodeling. Hopefully I'll get to it next year.
Rich
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'm heartened that "next year" is only a month away!

Thanks so much for responding, Rich. What about a straddle square that had one end at 90 degrees, and the other end of it having a 45 angle?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM

That's a good idea. I'll take a stab at it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Cool!

(Gotta love it when you get to talk directly with the genius behind the curtain!)

Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the compliment but the real genius is you and the other clever woodworkers who use tools and are always thinking of how it could be just a little better. I'm just the guy that makes small pieces of metal out of bigger ones. We all do our part.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Aw shucks...
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM

I wish the 3/4 one was a 1" one or 7/8. I dont always process my lumber to 3/4. I stop when everything passing through the planer is uniform and most of the time it's > 3/4"

Guess I'm lucky my suppliers sell 4/4 or 5/4 almost pre-surfaced completely on both sides.